HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/348836-official-team-buck-u-thread-team-3-a.html)

KCMO Cityboy 12-27-2011 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kurt, I'll be out there next weekend. I have pretty good evidence that there's still some bone out there.
ALSO, I got some good news that Jimmy got his deer back from the taxidermist and will post his score soon! Awesome!

BetterBirddogs 12-30-2011 11:58 AM

Go get one Mo. That's awesome news on jimmys deer. We're gonna hunt tomorrow also. Last day for us here in Kansas.

Jimmyt 12-31-2011 08:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Alright... Finally got my mount back and found some time during the crazy holidays to measure him. Now, it was my first time taping a deer but i tried it several times and got the same thing every time except once and i was off a half inch.. so here it is lol.

Total----131 3/4 R---------------L

MB 19 ¾----------19

G1 3 ¾------------2 ½
G2 8 ½------------6 ¾
G3 8 ½------------7 ½
G4 4 ½------------4 ½

H1 3 ¾------------3 ¾
H2 3 ½------------3 ½
H3 3 ¾------------4
H4 3 ¾------------4

Inside Spread-15
Abnormal Pts- 1, ½-- both on right antler

Attachment 20370
He's the one in the middle
Attachment 20371

Attachment 20372

BetterBirddogs 12-31-2011 05:02 PM

Nice deer Jimmy. I think it's all over but the cryin now boys and girls. Good season for team 3. We need to keep in touch over the summer.

We can do it on our team thread for that matter. We can just keep our team thread going if you guys want to.

We need to get him on the scoresheet.

SouthDakotaHunter 01-02-2012 10:18 AM

Wow - great looking buck!!! Great addition to your trophy room!

Like Andy mentioned, just need to get him added to the score sheet. Need to post a picture with the full deer, bow and yourself along with the score breakdown you have above in the Score Thread. You can look at some of the previous entries for examples...

With many of the seasons just ending or ending soon - looks like we should be in good shape for the contest!

KCMO Cityboy 01-02-2012 03:24 PM

That was classic! Team 13 posts a nice buck to take the lead then Jimmy gets his posted and we have it back. Awesome! Great pictures of the mount Jimmy. That straight-on shot looks like a replica of our avatar.
Guys, I went out on Saturday and saw a couple of doe and then had an 8 pointer walk by, but I let him walk. He would have scored about 110, give or take and he walked right where I wanted him at a 25 yd shot. We are trying to let those young ones grow a bit and he should be pretty nice next year or the year after. Besides, Jimmy posted that last one and all the pressure was off!! I'll have a short video posted of this guy soon. I keep getting an error message when I add a trail cam video that was taken a week earlier of him so I just might pull that part out of the file that I'm putting together. If I can sweet-talk my wife into another trip I'll give it one last shot this coming weekend.

Bucktail_Bob 01-04-2012 01:44 PM

Jimmy,
That is a nice addition to your wall. IL has a late gun season in less than 2 weeks, I’ll be wheel gunning for some meat.
It’s cool walking out to stand with just your pistol.

KCMO Cityboy 01-06-2012 06:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey team,
Hope all of you had a great New Year's celebration. Mine was pretty low-keyed.
Thought I would have posted my short video of the buck I let pass last week. You can see it HERE. Also a trail cam of the same guy is video 9 on that same site.
I was trying out my new GoPro 960 video camera that my wife gave to me for Christmas. It's pretty sweet, but it's ultra wide angle so the deer will be pretty small. There are two clips in the video from the GoPro. Learned from some mistakes shooting with that camera which is mounted to a headstrap, similar to a headlamp. I'm really looking forward to using that camera more in the future.

This will be my last hunt this coming weekend. I might be hunting some property that I haven't been to in 3 years. My hunting friend has captured pictures of a couple of mature bucks there. They aren't huge but they appear to be 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 year olds from the picture. What do you guys think about the age of these guys. Why the white hooves?

BetterBirddogs 01-06-2012 06:24 AM

Either one of those two would be nice mo.

I got a new camera for Christmas too. Its a Kodak playsport. It looks like a cell phone. Pretty neat. I just put out mineral licks this past weekend. Growing big deer starts right now. Good luck this weekend. Lay one down.

zubba 01-06-2012 10:06 AM

'atta boy Jimmy. Nice buck. I'm liking the scoreboard now.