HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/348836-official-team-buck-u-thread-team-3-a.html)

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-02-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3841132)
Snuggies? Dang this contest just got real serious.....

You put snuggies on the line, Im dropping a 160+ this year... Just for the mere fact that I could get a snuggie out of it.... :barmy::barmy::barmy::barmy:

KYDeerHunter03 09-02-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by zubba (Post 3841629)
Thanks for the kind words. You guys got lucky....you are teammates of 2 quality taxidermist. Kydeerhunter03 mounts a very nice whitetail as well. If you get some time, look in the archives of the buck she took last year and the fantasitc job she did on the mount. I understand there is little chance that either of us will mount any of your deer, but please do us both a favor and do some homework before you select a taxidermist. There are a lot of shady ones out there. If you need help finding a good one in your area, I would be glad to help point you to someone.

Thanks Kurt! and yes...do your homework and defnitely check out the taxidermists work. It pays off in the long run :)

Season starts tomorrow for me! Im pumped!!!

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-02-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03 (Post 3841980)

Season starts tomorrow for me! Im pumped!!!

Im jealous....

KCMO Cityboy 09-03-2011 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I reckon this guy would score a few points for our team. What do you think?
Think I'll go through my gear and try to clean it up a little this weekend. My hunting box is getting a little cluttered.

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-03-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3842259)
Think I'll go through my gear and try to clean it up a little this weekend. My hunting box is getting a little cluttered.

He looks like he could help the team a little... :arms:

zubba 09-03-2011 12:35 PM

Very nice kcmo.

SouthDakotaHunter 09-03-2011 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3842259)

Very nice!!

Jimmyt 09-04-2011 04:54 PM

Any luck this weekend for the ky hunters?

whacker 09-05-2011 06:29 AM

Real nice deer there! Im headed out today to hang another stand. Getting down the wire here and things are starting to cool off a bit

halfbakedi420 09-05-2011 12:08 PM

just got back from doin a lil scouting..
good thing is all the creek beds are dried up,
fire season started a week ago, although they have had fires fer awhile now,
so its like an underground highway for bowhunting..
you can make up 100 yards as fast as you can quietly run through here..
which will up my chances on droptime.
wouldnt ya know it, forgot the cams...wa wa waaaaaaaa...
where are these pics of yall dressed out in front of your house hidin in the bushes?

markjenna 09-05-2011 04:56 PM

I forgot to sign up. If I a spot comes up email me... [email protected]

pa_yote_hunter 09-06-2011 06:48 AM

If you guys need to get in contact with me it would be faster if you e-mailed me at [email protected]

The name is great!! Time to switch the avatar

KCMO Cityboy 09-06-2011 10:53 AM

Nine days and counting!!
If you want your e-mail known to others on the team please let me know. If not, then that's cool too. Those members that have already provided e-mail addresses are updated in the first post of our thread. If the name is underlined then it is linked to their e-mail address. Just click on the name. Don't abuse it!
I've been reading the manual on how to be a team captain. Only 5,201 pages left to read. I think I'm more qualified for this than all the politicians we have elected into office.
I'm sure Jenna's busy typing up her weekend adventures, possibly buying a calculator with an additional digit so that she can tally up the score..........

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-06-2011 11:27 AM

Well gentleman and lady, it seems I have been kicked off of Team 3 and put on Team 4... I apologize for not being able to add my 160" to your score :D

Wish you all the best of luck!

halfbakedi420 09-06-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR (Post 3843580)
Well gentleman and lady, it seems I have been kicked off of Team 3 and put on Team 4... I apologize for not being able to add my 160" to your score :D

Wish you all the best of luck!

kicked off....that sux...well its all good, feel free to stop in and say hay when ever ya feel the need...i guess we could all make a trip over to the dirty 4..that was team 4's nickname befor ya joined...and say hey..gl over there, and fingers crossed ya nail that 160"..i cant wait ta see it.

halfbakedi420 09-06-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3843559)
Nine days and counting!!
If you want your e-mail known to others on the team please let me know. If not, then that's cool too. Those members that have already provided e-mail addresses are updated in the first post of our thread. If the name is underlined then it is linked to their e-mail address. Just click on the name. Don't abuse it!
I've been reading the manual on how to be a team captain. Only 5,201 pages left to read. I think I'm more qualified for this than all the politicians we have elected into office.
I'm sure Jenna's busy typing up her weekend adventures, possibly buying a calculator with an additional digit so that she can tally up the score..........

you're doing good, dont swet it. make sure ya keep a link to the rules, a link for the score card and a link to your email all written in red on the 1st page, and make everyone sign in blood that they read all the rules twice.
I HAVE BEEN A VICTIM AND SEEN PROBABLY 10 DEER GET SKIPPED BECAUSE SOMEONE DIDNT READ A RULE..

joejr69 09-07-2011 02:47 AM

hey everyone just got back from one of the camps i will be hunting this year.moved a couple stands around the deer sign looks good.i can be contacted at [email protected]. 38 days and counting.

KYDeerHunter03 09-07-2011 07:06 AM

Had an opportunity at a nice buck last night but go figure once I started looking at the antlers it was the buck my friend asked me not to shoot. So I ended up letting a 135'' deer continue to have air in its lungs lol yea...next time he aint gonna be so fortunate cuz I told my friend where the deer is traveling and he still insists on hunting another stand where he has hunted for 5 days straight and not seen him. DOY! Oh well I guess...I just want a stinkin doe for now...bucks can wait :)

mj469 09-07-2011 07:31 PM

Hey guys,
Twin brother (Sticknstringer) and I put up another stand this past weekend and moved the cams. I decided to buy a Canon XL2 for scouting and possibly a little hunting so I'll see if can post some stuff as time goes. If you need to get ahold of me- [email protected] - KCMO go ahead and link it to the first post. Season starts next week for me in Nebraska. I live in Sioux City IA and will be traveling back to central Nebraska many weekends this fall... I've lined up vacation for Halloween, Nov. 1st, 9th,10th,11th. Hopefully can have one down during those weeks. We did get our first Hard Horn Pic ( 125" 10 point). So far I haven't had a shooter on the cameras. Pretty much 135" and down. But they will come :)

KCMO Cityboy 09-07-2011 08:02 PM

So MJ, where abouts in NE will you be hunting? My wife is from Grand Island and I go there occasionally. Sometimes will do some goose and pheasant hunting. Looks like you've picked some good dates to take off from work. Let me know how the filming goes. I've been eyeing the XL2. Apparently it has some freatures that are better than the Sony equivalent. For now I'll be content with my Canon.

KCMO Cityboy 09-07-2011 08:03 PM

So MJ, where abouts in NE will you be hunting? My wife is from Grand Island and I go there occasionally. Sometimes will do some goose and pheasant hunting. Looks like you've picked some good dates to take off from work. Let me know how the filming goes. I've been eyeing the XL2. Apparently it has some freatures that are better than the Sony equivalent. For now I'll be content with my Canon.

halfbakedi420 09-08-2011 09:46 AM

Ouch..looks like i moved teams..hoping it is ok with everyone that i take my "red mist" with me, even if we dont use it this year, it has been my team name, and the avatar i designed, for 4 years and counting now.
I wish everyone here good luck and ill be checkin in time to time to see how yall are doing.
Is it ok if i keep red mist? My new team hasnt come up with a name, and i am hoping to enter it asap.

joejr69 09-08-2011 03:11 PM

sorry to here that halfbaked.good luck with your new team.i don't have a problem with ya takin the name with you.good luck!!!

joejr69 09-08-2011 03:14 PM

i'll throw out a new team." taste of the wild" i'll try and work up something for a avatar not very good at it but i'll give it a try.

BetterBirddogs 09-08-2011 05:27 PM

How about "buck you" for a team name. :rock:

halfbakedi420 09-08-2011 06:23 PM

thx guys, i really appreciate the understanding.
i like the buck you one btw.

KCMO Cityboy 09-09-2011 10:45 AM

Okay all.
I've unofficially accepted the position as your team captian, so thanks for the votes. There will be a recount and all dangling chads will be counted. The official swearing in ceremony will take place soon. Still negotiating with the major networks to get some air time. :biggrin:
Time to pick up the pieces and get some more suggestions for a team name. Sounds as if JoeJr might be able to help with an avatar. Thanks dude.
I've seen a couple of suggestions and I've added a few for consideration (not a clue if these have been used before):

Taste of the Wild
Buck You
The Buck Stops Here
Big Tine Sports
Heart Bypass Surgeons
Rack-em Up
I Killed Bambie's Father
We Earn the Big Bucks
The Team Formerly known as RED MIST

Everyone, come forward with any other suggestions. I'm sure one will top the list.
Have a good weekend guys. Don't forget to paper tune!

BetterBirddogs 09-09-2011 11:42 AM

The Z7 is deadly out to 50 yards. I'm gonna shoot some more this weekend. I feel pretty good.

mj469 09-10-2011 05:48 PM

From Grand Island- I'm about 2 hours to the West- Northwest. Custer County. I like the Buck You name but I think it would be cool if we did it like "Buck U" like Univeristy for the Avatar or something. KCMO, I'll let you know on the XL2. It's fun to play with so far.

KYDeerHunter03 09-10-2011 06:41 PM

I like the BUCK U. name :happy0001:

Went this morning to a new farm and seen 4 does and a crazy racked 2.5 year old buck. Had a doe 16 yards from me at first light but she wouldnt turn broadside for the life of me. Then when she finally cleared the brush and stepped into a clear spot a bit farther away i couldnt get the rangefinder to work! Im not good at judging ranges on my own so....she lived to see another day

My friend is really getting on my nerves chasing that buck of his on my other farm, now he is ruling that everyone else on the farm cant kill anything until he gets his buck. So..... I dunno what im gonna do. I already passed on shooting his deer for him and now he wants to take away from me shooting anything??? Just kinda stuck on what to do

Then went and drove all the way to hunt this evening and get there and got all geared up and de-human scented lol and realize i forgot my release and rangefinder at home. wonderful waste of gas and time!!

BetterBirddogs 09-10-2011 08:01 PM

I like the Buck U name also. I feel you KYD. I have gotten my big ass walked in and crawled up a tree and realized my release is at home. That's awesome. We start hunting a week from Monday. Got a couple of bigguns spotted less then a mile from this computer I'm typing on.

halfbakedi420 09-11-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03 (Post 3845832)
I like the BUCK U. name :happy0001:

Went this morning to a new farm and seen 4 does and a crazy racked 2.5 year old buck. Had a doe 16 yards from me at first light but she wouldnt turn broadside for the life of me. Then when she finally cleared the brush and stepped into a clear spot a bit farther away i couldnt get the rangefinder to work! Im not good at judging ranges on my own so....she lived to see another day

My friend is really getting on my nerves chasing that buck of his on my other farm, now he is ruling that everyone else on the farm cant kill anything until he gets his buck. So..... I dunno what im gonna do. I already passed on shooting his deer for him and now he wants to take away from me shooting anything??? Just kinda stuck on what to do

Then went and drove all the way to hunt this evening and get there and got all geared up and de-human scented lol and realize i forgot my release and rangefinder at home. wonderful waste of gas and time!!

man thats sum tough chit lol i been there, i think if ya havnt then ya aint been out enough ...i started stalkin 3 does last year, left the dang rangefinder where i was sittin when i spotted them, on the effin porch..
so does your buddy own this land er what...just wondering what gives him the right to dictate who and when n where?

zubba 09-11-2011 05:17 PM

Buck U works for me.

KCMO Cityboy 09-12-2011 10:28 AM

Buck U? ...and I swore I would never go back to school.. I'll make an exception here.
KYD, you'll see that a forgotton release is fairly common, me included. I started carrying a back-up when I did my elk hunt. Didn't want to have a sob story on that trip. Sorry to hear about your friend and his issues. Maybe he'll realize how it's affecting others soon.
My season starts on Thursday. I plan to hunt Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. Looks like the weather will be perfect! :woot:

Bucktail_Bob 09-12-2011 12:37 PM

Buck U is ok by me.

KCMO Cityboy 09-14-2011 04:25 AM

Okay, it's official. Team BUCK U
Time to do our homework!

SouthDakotaHunter 09-15-2011 08:43 PM

Made it out for a quick weekend of archery goat hunting. Spent 1 day stalking and the other day sitting water - just to mix it up a bit. Made it within 70 yards twice but just couldn't close the deal. Probably the best stalk was some antelope I found in a alfalfa field that had some hay bales in it... I circled way way around and used the bales to block the goats view (2 does and a buck). Unfortunately once I got to 100 yards I ran out of bales to hide behind. They started to feed towards me and got to 70 yards but then turned and away and didn't get any closer... Close but yet so far away - ha ha.... Also had a doe and fawn bed down about 100 yards away from my waterhole on the last day...

Here's a few pics from my trip...

http://s492.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

joejr69 09-16-2011 07:56 AM

i whipped up an avatar.i think it will work.lol i still have 29 more days before i can get in the woods!! its killing me our weather is nice and cool.it was down in the fourties this morning.goodluck to the ones that are hunting.

halfbakedi420 09-16-2011 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
cool if i nominate one?

Attachment 18784

Attachment 18786

BetterBirddogs 09-18-2011 06:32 PM

I will be in a tree tomorrow. I have to work so I will be out after work for an evening hunt. Have some nice deer close to the house so it should be fun. I'll check back in tomorrow night.