Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Community

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

That's good news SD. Can't wait to see him.

KCMO I had similar sh!tty hunting Thursday and Friday. I didn't see a damn thing Friday. I have some nice bucks on camera and the funny thing is that I have a camera on a creek crossing that the deer use that is up towards the road and only about 100 yards off the road. I had numerous pics of bucks on that trail on Friday and never saw a one of them. Strange. Don't know where went. Oh well. I'm back in the stand in the morning. I have the next 10 days off. Sittin all day everyday.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here he is... Going to be a few days before I get a score but it should be good... Over 50 inches of score just on his main beams...

Old 11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

DING-DING - We have a winner!!
That guy's a BRUTE. It sent shivers down my back when I saw that photo.
Congratulations on a super buck!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck SDHunter. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

What a deer SD. Man he's a hog. We're right in the mix of this thing boys and girls. We need a couple more nice deer and we'll be in the driver seat. The rut is non existent here in SE Kansas. I sat all day today and passed on a 120" 9 pointer this morning at about 0730. He was a youngster. At about 530 this evening I had a nice young wide 8 pointer come in. He was about a 100" deer but for a year and a half old buck he was a dandy. Only two deer I saw all day. Makes for a long day but I love to sit in the woods in November. I'm back after it in the morning.

What a great deer SD. I'd be proud to shoot him anyday. Couple more bucks fellas and we might be the returning champions.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome buck SD!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crazy Awesome deer SD!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

SD,
You are the man. Does not get any better.
Congrats....
Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

great deer SD.i would love to shoot something like that..great deer!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I had the biggun coming this morning at 915. He was headed for the does that were 15 yards to my right. I had my bow hung up on a branch and when I went to pull it off the branch broke. He stopped cold at 20 yards looking right at me. He hopped out to about 50 yards which is still within my comfortable range. I drew on him and he turned broadside perfect to get another look. I let it fly and he ducked a foot at least and my arrow flew perfectly through where his body had been just a half second earlier. He trotted off into the trees and out of view. I sat for about 30 more minutes and got my arrow and snuck out. I will probably never see him again. The rut hasn't started yet so that might be my only saving grace. I'm in a stand as I type this in a great spot. Hopefully I'll get a shot at redemption. I'm sure bummed out. Hes 160+. I passed on a good deer yesterday morning waiting for this guy. Oh well. Hopefully I'll have better news later. Out steps a doe as I type this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.