HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/348836-official-team-buck-u-thread-team-3-a.html)

joejr69 10-28-2011 09:42 AM

come on jimmy get that score posted!!! i'm guessing 135.

whacker 10-28-2011 12:51 PM

I got him fellas. 23 inch inside. I'm intransit. Will get pics posted tomorrow when I get to a comp

BetterBirddogs 10-29-2011 05:18 AM

Jimmy helluva nice deer. Great job. Whacker that's awesome can't wait to see him. Im in my stand as i type this. I missed a 160 plus this morning about an hhour ago. Don't know what happened . He did everything he needed to do in order to get killed and i shot left. I have him figured out but i only have a week to kill him before the rut starts. Been seeing a big tall 8 also that will die if i get the chance also. We're off and rolling boys and girls.

whacker 10-29-2011 06:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here he is guys. Of all things an internet post on a state forum helped me get him within 5 hours of posting. He was 70 yards from where we stopped looking Thursday. Ill get a tape on him this afternoon. My best with the bow to date!!

KCMO Cityboy 10-29-2011 08:00 AM

Matt, Congratulations on that nice buck. He is a hog!! I would think that guy is a wall hanger. You had me worried there for a while. Glad you recovered that one. Explain the post on the state forum.

BetterBirddogs 10-29-2011 08:05 AM

Whacker that's a stud for sure. Definitely in the high 140's to mid 150's probably maybe even bigger. That's a swamp donkey buddy. Nice.

I'm out of the stand now. I think that buck will do the same thing for the nest few days. Once the run kicks in it will be hard telling wher he will go I did have 7 does around me all morning so I'm hoping that once the rut kicks in he will come to check out the ladies. At least I know where they like to be.

If we can avg around 140 on deer we will win this thing easily. That'd be sweet. We have a good start so far. :barmy:

whacker 10-29-2011 12:07 PM

as far as the state forum, Some guys I knew from a MD forum who hunt the same area where headed out there and I let them know the area and they came across him 70 yards or so from where we stopped.

whacker 10-29-2011 12:11 PM

Here are the measurements

R............................. L
Main 23 1/4............. 20 2/4
G1 3 3/4...................1 1/4
G2 9........................ 7 2/4
G3 6 2/4 ..................6 1/4
H1 4 3/4...................4 1/4
H2 4 1/4.................. 4
H3 4 ........................4
H4 3 1/4................... 3
INSIDE 23 1/4

TOTAL: 137 3/4

zubba 10-29-2011 02:44 PM

Nice find whacker. Congrats on a nice buck.

KYDeerHunter03 10-30-2011 06:12 PM

First off, congrats on that buck!!!

Second....I dont know if I am gonna be of any help. Just lost my bowhunting property due to me catching my "friend" in a lie about the landowner saying nobody could hunt there...then drove by and seen his truck in the hunting area. Then he posted pic on facebook right in the stand we hung during the summer......yadda yadda yadda

Went and checked my trail cam on the property Friday and the lock was busted off....then he told another guy who hunted there that he has been looking at my SD cards. So he has been deleting pics off my cams, stealing SD cards, stealing bow hangers out of my stands, sabotaging my trail cams over my corn pile by loosening the strap and turning it away from the corn, and now making up lies about me bringing strangers onto this property without asking?!

Been texting him and messaging him and he hasnt answered for 3 weeks....so I am pulling my stands and probably stuck gun hunting the rest of the season on my 45 min away properties. If you want you can replace me with another if you like, Im gonna be hoofing it out on some archery only public land if I want to bow hunt. Gosh...this day sucks