Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Community

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

three days left.now old mother nature isn't going to help out.rain and 30 mph wind great. hopefully it holds off for a morning hunt.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah Joe, I hope the weather cooperates for you. Have the rain gear handy!

I was out this past weekend. Part of the time was near water. I had deer come into it in the morning at 6:20 and they were gone by 6:47 (right at 30 min before sunrise). All does. Hunted the evening adjacent to a beanfield. I hung a stand about 80 yards further to the north from the stand I hunted on opening day weekend. I didn't see anything until just after sunset, and then they came. Kinda like Field of Dreams where they just emerged from the cornfields, but the deer just came from the woods. Most all were does and a couple of bucks. The beanfield was all brown so I thought they might not be hitting it anymore. I heard they don't like soybeans after they turn brown except after they have dried out. I haven't had a chance to review the video I took. My computer at home is all jacked up. I think the video card is going bad although it isn't all that old. Probably won't be back out until Oct 29.
How's everyone else doing?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Zubba, congrats on the baby girl.
I still have not been out thus far. I’ll be heading out this weekend. My spot is 2 hours away so I am stuck to being a weekend warrior.
Last weekend was the youth gun season. My buddy’s son (11) took his 11th deer. A nice 120”class 9 point. It dressed out at 204.
We have not checked our cams yet, so hopefully I’ll have some good ones to post.
Also, another buddy of mine stuck a solid 9 pointer yesterday in IL. It was cruising at 9:30 so it looks like it has begun.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I've been sitting and seeing deer. I saw a nice deer a couple nights ago. He came in right at dark. This moon has them moving late here. Im in a tree as i type this. Im in a great spot. Hopefully the big feller comes back.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

I havent' been out much the past two weeks. I took a trip with my dad to Pulaski, salmon fishing for Coho's and Kings. Got out last night and saw a small buck and two does late about 90 yards out. I plan on hunting this evening after work. Thursday is our Early muzzeloader season here in MD so I'll be out with the BP Thurs, Fri and Sat. I hope to spend some serious time in the woods here the next 3 weeks. Here is a pick of one of the King's I caught on a flyrod in the the Little Sandy Creek about 1/2 mile from Lake Ontario. Good luck everyone. Hopefully I'l be showing off some pics from the blackpowder season this weekend,
Attached Thumbnails Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)-resize.jpg  
Old 10-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by whacker
. Here is a pick of one of the King's I caught on a flyrod in the the Little Sandy Creek about 1/2 mile from Lake Ontario. ,
NICE!!! So, I'm guessing it takes a while to land something that big on a flyrod. That must have been a blast.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I sat last night and just saw a couple does. Let a really nice 3 yr old Mulie walk this morning. Mid 140's or so. Nice and wide, just needs another year. Belly was completely straight and flat. 5 days of work this week and then 4 days in a row in the tree stand. Snow coming wednesday, should be about perfect timing this coming weekend!!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Spike

I'm on the board with a 10 pointer but i cant figure out how to post the pics from my phone!

Last edited by Jimmyt; 10-24-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I'm eagerly awaiting to hear more about Jimmy's 10 pointer. That's incredible. Congratulations to you and for being the first to post points for the team.
So who's gonna be the next to add points to the board?
I will be taking off work on Thurs and Fri to see what's happening. It's suppose to cool off on those days so maybe I'll get some action. I'll also put up a pop-up blind that I might use the following weekend for the Youth Firearms 2-day season. My youngest son got his first buck during that weekend last year. Maybe we will have success again this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.