Official Team 9 Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

congrats cory and wny

friday had a nice buck chasin a doe about 70 yard out he was grunting like mad. Saturday there was 5 pointer under my stand i pass on him, then hr later couple does came sprinting across the field with a buck on there trail, no shot. Then sunday seen couple does at last light.

will be back out this week end and hope dont have 30mph wind like last
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

congrats cory and wny, way to go!

well looks like bow season might be over for me as well, there still is late season but i'm not sure how much i'll end up getting out for that, we'll see.

hit it pretty hard sat-tues, but not much going on - our group spotted a few nice bucks but no shots taken. between morning and afternoon sits (7 total, figure 4 hours each) i saw a whopping 6 deer. Tuesday morning a nice 8 came cruising down the hill but at 45-50 yards with no clear shooting lane not a shot i was willing to take. now gun season starts on the 19th and we'll try to let the property settle down a bit and see if we can score then.

good luck to everyone from here on out, i'll let you know if i'm able to get out into late season at all, but it will probably be at least a month.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

I did make it out last Friday and only saw 4 doe.

Gun season starts the 26th, so I'll be doing that for a while.

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

anyone still chasing them with the bow?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Typical Buck

yes still after them with a bow, had a 12 pointer last weekend coming right to my stand he was at 25 yards and stopped. Just as I got ready to put one in him a good size limb blew out of the tree next to him and off he went. The winds where 20 mph that day. My son and I took yesterday and re-located couple of stands and was unable to hunt today. I off for Thanksgiving then taking a couple of day next month so hopefully I will tag something.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Fork Horn

gun season start here, got a doe with the gun friday morning. i will be back out with the bow in Dec after gun season
Old 11-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

Best of luck to everyone still going out. Gun season starts here on Sat, so I'm sure something will be going down. We still have to take some doe from the property.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still out, took a nice fat doe yesterday. I bowhunt till the end of January.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Been gun hunting since the 15, got a doe on the second day and a nice 8 yesterday. So far i only know of one of the big bucks getting whacked where i was bowhunting so i may just yet get back out to that property with the bow in December.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Where I live/hunt in Virginia, the firearms (muzzleloader, shotgun, and rifle) starts at the beginning of November and runs through the end of hunting season which is usually around the first Saturday in January. I'm amazed we have any bucks left from year to year with such a long gun season.

I wish I could go hunt some place else that has a good late archery season. Good luck to you guys still trying to score some points for us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.