Official Team 9 Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Great story Wnyhunter!!!! Bet that was a thrill for your son!!! Sounds like you guys have some good action over your way, good luck with em!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
congrats to leverdude and corij. nice deer.

our season has been open for a week now. I have only had little guys come around with a few does. But I can tell you yesterday was a day my 16 yo son will never forget.

First thing in the morning he had a nice 8pt and his stand sqeaked and he left. a few minutes later a little 6pt came in and hung around for 30 min. 8pts or better here so he is safe. then a doe and another 8pt came through with no shot.

back in for lunch and a nap.

afternoon hunt. he climbs in a stand and i go to a blind below him 75 yards apart. He hears a grunt and sees a 8pt coming down the hill, fallowed by the same 8pt he spooked in the morning. to far for a shot but they were putting on a show when 1 snort wheezes and hears something coming down the hill. Well in his words "that is the biggest deer he has ever seen". A big 10pt comes down the hill, he grabs his bow and grunts to stop him. lol, here is the best part. he grunted and all the bucks looked at him. the big 10 was 15 yards broadside and he said he had no idea what to do. buck fever at its best. they spent the next 20-30 minutes chasing, grunting they were all riled up. he said it was "fantastic". and i am in my blind hearing all this go on and getting a play by play in text. I kinda wish i was in that stand I might of figured out what to do,lol.

so things might be heating up around here, good luck to all.
Awesome action, hopefully I can have that kind of action soon. I did see 10 deer on Sat morning, one small spike. Everything just out of range. I'll give it another go on Thursday.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Went out last night. Saw about 15 does or so. No buck and the old monarch blew when she got down wind. Not a very good sit but i snort wheezed at her and she quit. Gonna hit it hard the next 15 dayz should have an opportunity to put some 140 or better bone down.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

good luck sticknstringer and everyone else going out! it's getting to be that time of year.

I'm planning on spending Sunday & Monday in the woods this weekend, then from 11/5 - 11/8 before gun season. Last year didn't see a lot of action during the rut so hopefully this year is a little better - got some nice ones on camera, just gotta hope they'll be on their feet and aren't wandering too far away.

good luck everyone, let's put some more down!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Alright guys I helped to our cause. What a nice day in the woods today. The first snowfall of the year, it was nice. I decided with shot gun season coming soon and with my work schedule I better add some points on the board before I'm skunked. A little smaller then I would have liked to shot but a nice deer non the less. He gave up 88 more inches to our total, so not to shabby.

Here's the story:
Started seeing deer in the freshly cut corn field right around 7:15, it's just started to snow as I was watching the deer in the field. As they entered the woods, it was still to dark to get a shot. Then at 7:30 this buck walks though the field and right into the woods directly in fron of me. It was about a 25 yard shot and he ran about 75 yards where he fell over.

I wanted bigger but I knew I better get something soon before the fast approaching gun season sends them into night mode.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 9 Thread-deer1.jpg   Official Team 9 Thread-deer2.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 11:03 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Awsome job Kreagerm!!!! Congrats!
That will help the score definately!
Came real close to a small six this morn, He kinda spooked on me and be the time i got to full draw and stopped him it was a 40 yrd or better shot. Thats a bit out of my comfort zone and i didn't want to risk it. Also yesterday morn had 3 does within range just couldn't get em to take their eyes off me long enough to do anything about it.
The weather is perfect right now and the deer are already movin so i gotta get out there. Good luck guys and way to go Kreagerm!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Awsome job Kreagerm!!!! Congrats!
That will help the score definately!
Came real close to a small six this morn, He kinda spooked on me and be the time i got to full draw and stopped him it was a 40 yrd or better shot. Thats a bit out of my comfort zone and i didn't want to risk it. Also yesterday morn had 3 does within range just couldn't get em to take their eyes off me long enough to do anything about it.
The weather is perfect right now and the deer are already movin so i gotta get out there. Good luck guys and way to go Kreagerm!!!!!!!
Thanks so much I appreciate it. Good luck to everyone during this coming up Rutt. They are starting to move around now so I'm sure we will be adding more inches to our total. I can shoot one more buck with my bow, even though it won't count, I'll be holding out for the big one.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well tonite didn't end in a kill but think it was the best hunt i've ever had!! There were at least 200 geese in the feild in front of me, 4-6 does, a big spike, and 2 of the biggest bucks i've ever seen while hunting! A big 8 and a ten, and they were chasing the crap out of the does!! I was on the edge of my seat with the bow in hand for an hour and a half. One would chase a doe into the woods just off to my left, then another would run one in to the right, it was crazy! Think the coolest part was at one time the 2 big boys were 200 yrds away, the 8 walked right up next to the ten, and it was almost if he said "hey check this out", turned, and tore ass right down the middle of the feild zig-zaggin back and forth with his head down trying to run over every goose that was out there! It was the craziest thin ive ever seen!!!!!
Been a pretty slow season so far but today i seen 5 diff bucks and had 5 deer within shootin range. Can't get much closer to killin somethin. Gonna hit em hard again tomorrow, so we will see what happens. More fired up about hunting now than i have been all season! Wish me luck boys! and keep puttin em down!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Well tonite didn't end in a kill but think it was the best hunt i've ever had!! There were at least 200 geese in the feild in front of me, 4-6 does, a big spike, and 2 of the biggest bucks i've ever seen while hunting! A big 8 and a ten, and they were chasing the crap out of the does!! I was on the edge of my seat with the bow in hand for an hour and a half. One would chase a doe into the woods just off to my left, then another would run one in to the right, it was crazy! Think the coolest part was at one time the 2 big boys were 200 yrds away, the 8 walked right up next to the ten, and it was almost if he said "hey check this out", turned, and tore ass right down the middle of the feild zig-zaggin back and forth with his head down trying to run over every goose that was out there! It was the craziest thin ive ever seen!!!!!
Been a pretty slow season so far but today i seen 5 diff bucks and had 5 deer within shootin range. Can't get much closer to killin somethin. Gonna hit em hard again tomorrow, so we will see what happens. More fired up about hunting now than i have been all season! Wish me luck boys! and keep puttin em down!!!
That sounds awesome!!! If that doesn't get the heart pumping nothin will.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job kreagerm, bucks are starting to move here also and see more scrapes each time in the woods. Took a doe last night to fill the freezer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.