Official Team 9 Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I went out to the new spot and I only saw 7 doe. A bunch of scraps and tons of tracks. There were just to many things going against me that day. An Almost full moon and 20+ mph winds. This weeekend should be high of 50's and the moon phase is starting to change.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

We can shoot 3 bucks a year in Virginia. I know my next one will be bigger than this this one. I knew he wasn't a monster, but he was smaller than I thought. Oh well, I'm proud of him and it's points on the board.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by coryj
We can shoot 3 bucks a year in Virginia. I know my next one will be bigger than this this one. I knew he wasn't a monster, but he was smaller than I thought. Oh well, I'm proud of him and it's points on the board.

Congrats Cory! Put us on the top you did!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Cory and Lever, I will be back out hunting here in the next week. There wasnt much movement in the daylight last couple weeks on cams.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Checke the cameras today and saw some nice ones again. Will start sitting in the stand in the next week and will hit it hard first of november. Not very promising but who knows what will walk by. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sticknstringer
Checke the cameras today and saw some nice ones again. Will start sitting in the stand in the next week and will hit it hard first of november. Not very promising but who knows what will walk by. Good luck to everyone.
Best of luck to you!!!

I plan on hitting the stand on Sat. I hope some rutt activity starts up soon.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

CONGRATS CORY! way to go man.

good luck to everyone headin out this weekend, I'll be in the tree saturday and i'm hoping the cold weather has them on their feet!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I passed a few does this evening. I was trying for a shot on some turkeys, but they never made it into range.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well, made it Sat morn, had a doe really press her luck but managed to just stay out of range....then came home to a sick wife!!!! That ended my hunting for the weekend. Went for a drive fri nite just befor dark and had a really good buck in my feild just out in front of one of my blinds and was really lookin forward to hittin it hard this weekend. Between the time of yr and the weather i figured this was the best weekend yet to be out there and here i set at the frickin house!!!! I joined this contest this yr cause i thought i had a really good chance at a descent buck but think it's one of the worste seasons i've had in a long time, not to mention prob the least amount i've been able to get out....ever!!!! Someone else rifle hunts this prop so out of respect i will leave it alone for at least a week befor that starts so i'm lookin at maybe another weekend or so to get it done. Bowhunting after rifle season is about impossible in my area since after about the 3rd day of rifle season nothing moves in the daylight till after christmas. No chance after work this week i dont think but next weekend will give it my all for ya guys !!! Wish me luck and good luck to all of you!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

congrats to leverdude and corij. nice deer.

our season has been open for a week now. I have only had little guys come around with a few does. But I can tell you yesterday was a day my 16 yo son will never forget.

First thing in the morning he had a nice 8pt and his stand sqeaked and he left. a few minutes later a little 6pt came in and hung around for 30 min. 8pts or better here so he is safe. then a doe and another 8pt came through with no shot.

back in for lunch and a nap.

afternoon hunt. he climbs in a stand and i go to a blind below him 75 yards apart. He hears a grunt and sees a 8pt coming down the hill, fallowed by the same 8pt he spooked in the morning. to far for a shot but they were putting on a show when 1 snort wheezes and hears something coming down the hill. Well in his words "that is the biggest deer he has ever seen". A big 10pt comes down the hill, he grabs his bow and grunts to stop him. lol, here is the best part. he grunted and all the bucks looked at him. the big 10 was 15 yards broadside and he said he had no idea what to do. buck fever at its best. they spent the next 20-30 minutes chasing, grunting they were all riled up. he said it was "fantastic". and i am in my blind hearing all this go on and getting a play by play in text. I kinda wish i was in that stand I might of figured out what to do,lol.

so things might be heating up around here, good luck to all.

Last edited by WNYhunter; 10-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.