Official Team 9 Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Heres how my opening day went, had a spike come by about 730 am.
Then a coon came and was walking around under me. Thats all i had come by, but did pull the card from the cams and there was some nice pics.

Last edited by Huff04; 11-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Good lookin bucks Huff! Good luck with em!!!
Well, today was an improvement over yesterday, Seen a bunch of deer this morn, long ways off and had a couple does close in behind me. Mid day i set up a spot on the ground close to where i seen all the deer this morn, and about an hour into this evening's hunt had a little six step out just out of range ( bit too small to shoot anyways) and had a few more does come fairly close. Think this setup on the ground shows some good promise. I'm gonna leave the other farm where i have the buck pics alone for a week or two until they get some of the corn off befor i hunt it again and work on this other spot for a while.
How did everyone else's weekend go????????
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opening weekend was pretty nice. Saw 8 does and a nice buck on saturday morning and almost had a pop at a coyote. I whistled to stop him while I was at full draw and he turned and darted off. Not fast enough I guess. Sunday morning I woke up late because my phone died and I had no alarm. Kicked up two does walking out. Then tonight I saw ALOT of does!!! Does everywhere. I dont know where the bucks are though.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone was coming along. September was not what I planned between work and rain we did not hardly hunt. Son's up all next weekend it's our youth weekend.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

hi all,

sounds like there is some action out there - good luck to everyone who's going out this weekend!

I'll be heading out this weekend - I haven't decided yet if I'll try to head out of work early on friday evening, or go early saturday morning. also not sure if I should make the climb up to the ridge where the daytime pictures of the big guy are (the time/date on the camera is wrong). it seems like the last few years the first trip up to a stand near where the camera was has ended up in opportunities (missed, but still opportunities. my brother last year and myself the year before - both hit a branch and had the arrow deflect. moved the stand a little bit this year, though). after that first trip i don't really know that much was seen during the daytime - so do i risk sitting in the stand before the rut/pre-rut starts to kick into full swing or try and save it for when they should be moving more?

also it's youth hunt weekend, so i'm going to try and sit with my youngest brother as well - not sure how many hunts I'll get this weekend.

Good luck, and let's get another one down!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like we are all starting to get our seasons started up. I'm heading for vacation this week, so this weekend is off but when I get back in town I'll be hitting it hard again.

Very promising Huff, Keep at it guys!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Took a drive this afternoon , can see the new spot i set up on the ground pretty good from a long ways off and there were a couple does right on top of it. The farmer was out at my other spot taking down the corn, looks like it will all be off in the next couple days. I'm DYING to get back out! Wanted to get out after work a couple times this week but have developed a pretty good chest cold and am coughing like crazy, so think i'd just be out there screwin things up. Hopin i can kick it by the weekend and make somethin happen. Only prob now is deciding where to go.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Saturday was our opener. I saw three bucks including a piebald or pinto, whatever you want to call it. The piebald was little, but would have been a unique trophy. The other two were 8's and I got busted drawing on them. I killed a doe that morning.

That evening I was in a different stand and only saw one doe from the stand, but I saw 2 decent bucks and a bunch of does in the field while I was driving out.

Monday I hunted a different property where I passed a small four point and killed a doe. That evening I had a spike in range and saw a bunch of does out of range. Saw a good buck at last light at about 50 yards, tall with good mass. It was too dark to count tines.

I haven't posted any trail cam pictures because I sold my trail cameras at the end of last season. I sold them because I got to the point where I was all consumed by pictures of a big buck and passed up bucks that I would have shot if it had not been for the pictures of the big buck. I did kill a small 8 last year for my team before I started hunting the big one. We can kill 3 bucks in Va.

Good luck everyone and remember to include your bow in your picture!! Team 1 lost some points over this, but as all the captains voted (and I agree) rules are rules.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you are having some good luck already Cory, Can't wait to see this years trophy.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Took a drive this afternoon , can see the new spot i set up on the ground pretty good from a long ways off and there were a couple does right on top of it. The farmer was out at my other spot taking down the corn, looks like it will all be off in the next couple days. I'm DYING to get back out! Wanted to get out after work a couple times this week but have developed a pretty good chest cold and am coughing like crazy, so think i'd just be out there screwin things up. Hopin i can kick it by the weekend and make somethin happen. Only prob now is deciding where to go.
Those colds seem to get ya at the wrong time. Hope you feel better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.