Community

Official Team 9 Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Got mine!
Havent scored him yet but he weighed 208 dressed. I believe its the biggest bodied deer I ever got.

Last edited by Leverdude; 09-20-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

awesome!! Congrats Lever, way to get our team on the board!

very nice buck, congrats again man!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer lever
Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome buck Lever!!! Is there a good story you can tell?

Way to get our team on the board

208 is a monster around my parts. Congrats
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Awesome buck Lever!!! Is there a good story you can tell?

Way to get our team on the board

208 is a monster around my parts. Congrats

Not much of a story really. Our season started the 15th. Mo0st years I have a half dozen stands & blinds up weeks ago. But this year I just been real busy & only got this one stand hung. I went out Saturday but didn't get there until after 6. All I did was spook the deer already there. Yesterday I got into my stand a bit after 3. A little after 5 a smal buck with a fork on one side & a crooked spike on the other came in & started feeding on acorns almost right under me. I could see another deer back in the woods but not good. All I could tell for sure was he/she was being very very cautious. Had to be close to 6 before I knew it was a buck but I still had no clue just how big a deer it was. Close to 6:30 he came into an opening about 15 yards away broadside quatering towards me just a little. I placed my 20 yard pin tight behind his right shoulder a couple inches under where I wanted the arrow to go & let one fly. I knew it was a good hit but was still nervous because I lost him real quick & light was fading quickly. I could still see the fork horn wandering around about 50 yards away & figured he was with the downed buck. When I retrieved my arrow he ran off & I only saw one flag so I hoped I was right. Walked over to where I thought he would be & there he was. Thats the first time I realized just what I had killed. Took some doing but I got him out & in the truck by myself and that was that.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Good way to start off the season.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats Leverdude!!! Thats a beautiful buck. 208 is huge!!! Must have been quite the challenge getting him out and in the truck by yourself! Great job and way to go getting us on the board!!

Boogeyman that deer ya have the pics of in the dark is a serious hoss!!! Good luck with him!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Went out this evening, hot and humid, it pretty much was a sweat fest out there. Saw 3 doe just out of range. The rain is supposed to move in this weekend, so I'll be playing it by ear.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Spike

Nicely done, lever. my season starts saturday. totally stoked.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

cool cool, congrats again lever!

thank j - he doesn't look like a buck we've seen in the past, and the two pictures both in the middle of the night don't have me feeling too hopeful, but who knows. could have been the guy i saw last saturday in a different part of the farm.

look luck deuce and anyone else heading out this weekend - i should be hunting saturday and sunday, hopefully the weather holds up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.