Official Team 9 Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

updated. Welcome J and Pearson, best of luck this year!

kreagerm not sure what the weather's like by you but it sure is hunting weather here - low 40s on my way to work this morning, it'll warm up a little by opener but still high only in the 60s which should keep them moving hopefully...
Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Thanks for the welcome guys! My name is Jeff and i'll be hunting Northeastern Mich. Season starts Oct 1. I gotta be honest with you guys, been a member of this site for a few yrs now but have never tried to get into this contest cause i've felt like its a bit out of my league, alot of you guys pass up bucks that look like they would be one of a lifetime for me! But i get into the turkey contest every spring and have a lot of fun with it and think this will be pretty cool as well. My big buck with the bow record isn't very good but i can promise you this, from Oct 1 on, i'll be in the stand every second i can be! I have 3 dairy farms within a few miles of home that i can hunt so it gives me lots of oppotunities to get out. One of these farms i just started hunting last yr and it is full of corn this yr for the first time and looks pretty promising. Have a couple descent bucks on the trail cams and hopefully will have some more this weekend. So i'll be tryin my best not to let you guys down, and put down a good one! Good luck to those getting out tomorrow, can't wait to see some pics!!! Thanks guys!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Matt, It's still a little warm here. The mornings are nice 50/60's then heats up to about mid 70's. The plan is to meet my buddy at 4:30 and be in our trees by 5:30. Any thing goes tomorrow, I'm sure we'll have some type of hero shot tomorrow for ya all.

Hey Jeff, It's a fun competition and you will enjoy yourself. Please shoot the buck you feel happy with. For me I'm taking the first 110" or bigger that passes by. Where I live it's unlimited doe and 2 bucks, so my second tag will be for the big boy.

Talk to you all tomorrow with a full update of my opening day outing.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys. I'm in on the team now. My name is andrew pope. I'm huntin iowa with my pse bowmadness. I got some nice ones on camera that I'm after so hopefully I can lay one down for the team.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
Alright guys. I'm in on the team now. My name is andrew pope. I'm huntin iowa with my pse bowmadness. I got some nice ones on camera that I'm after so hopefully I can lay one down for the team.
Welcome aboard Andrew. Let's say we kick some A$$ at this competition!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Went out this morning felt great to be back in the woods again. The full moon is never good for morning hunts. I only saw 2 doe and 1 little 6 point. There really wasn't any movement, didn't even see a squirrel.

This evening a cold front moved it and it was rainy with 20-25 mph winds, so I decided to stay home and get my plans together for Sat.

Wish I had better news.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team Pope!

Sounds like huntin to me Kreagerm! SOOOOO jealous you get to go at it already!!! Last couple days it been a high of about the mid 50s here and getting down in the mid 30s at night the next couple days....we dont usually have this good a tree stand weather this early but man is it givin me the itch!!! Squirrel season opened today and Sat. think i'll take my 5 yr old out and at least maybe get a chance to kill somethin!!!

Deer been movin like crazy in the morns on my way to work and i'm real anxious to check my cams this weekend. Hopefully i'll have some pics to show you guys.

Good luck Sat. Kreagerm and to anyone else gettin out!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeeze Kreagerm, your already hunting? Lucky!

I dont start till oct 1st. I just ordered some rage 2 blades and a new rattle bag. Cant wait to try those out. Last year I lost a big 160" 10 pointer because of my small fixed blades that didn't shoot right so im trying something new this year.

Last week me and my hunting partner were out driving around and saw a monster 12 pointer in my area. Out of velvet and out in the beans in the day time. Oh man I can wait!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome Andrew!

Kreagerm - awesome you got to go out, too bad about the rain/wind. I updated the team list in the first post - is it correct now (and everyone's checked in?!?!)

I'll be out tomorrow afternoon for opener, hopefully they'll still be moving - storm is supposed to move in late saturday night so between that and the cold weather you never know what will happen - now I just gotta decide on which stand to sit in....

Should be able to pull cards from a few cams anyways, hopefully there will be some good pics but we'll see...

Good luck to anyone else in the field - let's put one on the board early!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Guys!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a low of 43 and a high of 66, should be nice. The ful moon is starting to change so that might help out a little bit. I'm also taking my brother and friend with me so between the 3 of us something good should come of it.

Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow. Lets see if we can get on the board early.

Matt, Thanks for updating the main thread.

Andrew, It looks like you are ready to go and with woppers like that around I bet you are chomping at the bit.

Thanks Jeff, Good luck squirrel huntin!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.