Community

Official Team 9 Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:15 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Tues nite was a bust, just a few does way off. Almost made it out tonite but didn't quite work out so its all up to the weekend. Good luck to all!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Well its lookin like a perfect weekend, and I'm sick as a dog!!! Really wanted to go this morn but knew there was no way i could do it. Don't care how i feel i'll be out there tonite and tomorrow tho. Hopefully i can keep the coughin under controll and not spook every deer in the county! Maybe one of the big boys will show back up.

Its about time team 9 put another one down!!! Good luck guys!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
Well its lookin like a perfect weekend, and I'm sick as a dog!!! Really wanted to go this morn but knew there was no way i could do it. Don't care how i feel i'll be out there tonite and tomorrow tho. Hopefully i can keep the coughin under controll and not spook every deer in the county! Maybe one of the big boys will show back up.

Its about time team 9 put another one down!!! Good luck guys!
Hope you feel better and best of luck in the woods!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys let me apologize for shooting that little 9 point early in the season. I should have held out for this guy.

Our states muzzleloaded season started on Saturday, it coincides with the rut and I hate it. However, I usually bow hunt right through muzzleloader season and it paid off in a big way today.

He's 19.5" inside with 22" main beams. He was with another buck that was almost as big as he is. Things are getting really good in Virginia.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Wow! Thats a beautiful buck Cory, Congrats! Your havin one hell of a season!

Well went out Sat afternoon to find tire tracks heading out in the faild which told me the guy that rifle hunts it was there earlier in the day clearing out his shooting lanes and it showed, didn't see a thing, the geese didn't even come in the feild. Found out later that not only was he out ther but the owner and some freinds had goose hunted it that morn also. Between that dissapointment and feeling like crap, that was my only hunt of the weekend. Next weekend i will have to be getting everything ready for gun season so looks like my bow season is pretty much over. Sorry for not getting it done for you guys, but i sure tried. Didn't get to hunt half as much as i'd like to have and didn't see nearly as many deer as i usually do, but think i saw more bucks this yr than i ever have. Lots of young ones runnin around which is great. I've enjoyed this contest and will definately do it again next yr, and will be here till the bitter end to see what ya guys come up with, good luck to all and thanks for having me on the team.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Great Deer Cory. You should be happy of both trophies this year.

I'm hoping I have the same luck as you when I head out on Friday morning.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kreagerm
Great Deer Cory. You should be happy of both trophies this year.

I'm hoping I have the same luck as you when I head out on Friday morning.
Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when I got the 9 point and I am still happy with it. I just wish I could have put more points up for us.

Good luck to the rest of you guys who still have tags to punch.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

congrats cory. thats is a nice 8 pt.

Well I have had a good season so far. seen alot of little guys, 1 nice shooter yesterday but today I was back home on my own turf and shot this guy. Not as big as I would like but I am happy with him none the less. it was a short hunt he cam in about 6:50 am and I had a great quartering away shot. I backed out while my buddies were hunting and at 8:30 we went in to find him. I got to say that the magnus broadhead did a great job, deer went mabey 75 yards and the bloodtrail was great. Back to work now and other than going with my son I cannot wait till nov. 19th opening of gun season. good luck to team 9 members. I am not adding much but it is an extra 63 points for us. score sheet will be in the offical score page.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 9 Thread-deer6.jpg  

Last edited by WNYhunter; 11-09-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats WNYHunter. They are all trophies in my book and every inch counts in this competition.

Way to go!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Great Job WNY!!! More points!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.