Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

anybody been seeing any deer? i looked on the score card and we went from 1st to 3rd place.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

I got out last night and boy was it windy! you couldn't even hear yourself think it was so loud. Then about 30 minutes before dark somebody turned the wind off and you could here a pin drop the the woods. I saw 3 deer way off on the other side of the field. I just havn't had any shooter bucks near me. Next weekend should be a big weekend here in IL thats usually when the deer really start moving around.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I nailed my 4th deer Saturday evening. It was a fairly large doe. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-doe1.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Ive been out the past week or so, every other day, and straight the past 3 days, either morning or night. Ive been out on my 100 acre lease, my starting spots that I pruned stunk. I found a trail that leads to an acorn plot/ open oak trees. I set up there last night and this morning, I found a fresh scrape on the corner of it. Rattled this morning at 845, (I think my good window in the morning is 820-940) after that Ive seen nothing. 4 came in to the first short rattle set, I think they saw eachother and went back the way they came, one ran off.. I couldnt tell if they were bucks or what.. I walk in, spray down, and use a climber, havent touched anything out there, and can get off some 20-30yrd shots in those oaks. I think its going to be a waiting game. Any help? Lemme know. I do a little blind calling/ a few rattles in those peak hours + I found that scrape so its on down there.. winds been good also.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Louie it's not a bad idea to put out doe urine early in the pre-rut and then as time moves on switch to estrus scents to hang up. Also If your not sure if your calling is having any effect just don't do it. If you are in any kind of high pressure area your deer may not come running to a call or you could just be doing a combination they don't like. One last tip to see how often deer might be coming to the scrape is kick some leaves over it then come back the next day to see if it has been cleaned. This will help give you an idea when a buck might be coming threw the area or if they are still tending scrapes.
But as usual with hunting and we all know this, the best way to get a deer is to be out there trying! So as long as you stay with it I believe you will have some brown down here soon.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Henson, I hit it again this morning, I really wanna say doing a short loud rattle around 830 has been working, and Ive seen deer shortly after doing so.. But I may also not be seeing whos making the scrape as everyone states they might circle around me. Winds been very minimal, this morning shortly after rattling, 3 does came in (small like 100# each) They came within 10 yards and one was pretty intrested in me, stomped a few times, then passed by slowly. I was shakin in my boots lol. 30 min after that I saw a silhouette of a deer go running past, No idea what it was doing or if it were a buck.. Grunted and it never stoped. Im gunna go again tonight, Ill try not calling at all. I think pressure is very minimal, but I do hear some muzzel loaders goin off this past week

Update for this evening: Got out there, saw more deer, a nice doe w/ no shot. And then an older deer with some bunk genes, Huge 4 pt lol, I grunted at him, he fluffed right up and tore a cedar tree to shreds, but never gave me a shot, went sulking down past me in the woods. Deer showed up in the middle of the day 4-5 o clock, hot n windy out 65 deg. But a storm hit tonight at 930. Maybe that had them moving. In total Ive seen 8 today in the same spot. Going to relocate for sat, get more on their trail I saw them all migrate on today Also climbed higher tonight, might be more pressure than I thought, none looked at me at all, and I got away with a few stupid moves

Last edited by louie6014; 11-03-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to put this in there. My wife nailed a nice 8 pointer from the same tree stand I nailed my 12 pointer out of. I will post some pics later on. I'm guessing he will go 100"-110". This is her first buck. She told me it was a huge 8 point and I thought maybe it was my big wide 8 that would probably go 150"-160" but it wasn't him.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a 6pt this morning around 8, hr later a monster came in... was right behind me and bolted running.. both came in down wind and prolly smelled me to some extent 22mph gusts. Ide say big boy was 8-10 pts, prolly over 120"... Im going to lose sleep over this, going out again tonight, never seen so many deer in my life. All have been in bow range, but just not cooperating lol
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Hey just checking in see alot of dead animals on the threads congrats to all. Ive been out and seen a lot of deer passed on alot of small bucks seen some good ones holding out for something 140ish . Buck chasing real hard here had 140+ run right under stand this morning couldn't stop him for nothing . Talk more later good luck all!

Good luck
Shane
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dropped a 125 inch South Dakota Black Hills buck with a 23 yard double lunger. This is the biggest deer I've taken in SD. In this region, this is about as big as they come!
He was definitely a keeper!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.