Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

man sorry to hear that. hopefully you can find something soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pearsontx4
man sorry to hear that. hopefully you can find something soon.
An 8 pt would be nice ... lol... I know your talking about a job but had to get it in there.. There are more important things to life than grinding your knuckles away.. I was a work-aholic. Lookin at it now Im pissed I was at it 8-5, some times 7:30-7, and saturdays, how do you enjoy life with all that goin on.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Warm wishes for you Louie. I have a feeling you are on top of things and a breather may just help. Enjoy your "me in a tree" time.

Joe, when you're ready, bring your arse to Colorado. I'll do my best to put you on game. And yeah, I'm sort of worried we're missing teammates as well. Hope everyone stays involved!

A few more photos from this past weekend. There are still eight hunters using my Buena Vista home. I talked to one today. He said they were getting dumped on with snow. Tomorrow should be awesome for elk and deer hunting! The fresh snow makes deer and elk easier to find. He also said he was on 15 elk and eight muleys today but couldn't get any shots...bummer.

Tom's brother James with his first ever deer.

This next one is Wayne Jusslin (a.k.a Papa Bear) with a massive cow. That's my sister in the background doing the feild dressing.

I'm looking forward to Friday night. I cannot wait to help these eight finish out their Colorado hunting.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got my new stand up on Tuesday. It is a hang-on stand. It is up and I think it is in a pretty good spot. I have one moderately traveled trail to the right of the stand. 2 heavily traveled trails to the left of the stand and then another moderately traveled trail to the left of the stand as well. All of these trails are within 25 yards of the stand. The stand is in a draw that comes off of a large bean field behind the stand. There are also 2 major bedding areas in front of and behind this stand. We are suppose to have heavy rains Wednesday and Thursday (26th and 27th) with a large drop in temperature on Thursday. They say Friday morning will probably be in the upper 20's or low 30's. I will be in that stand Friday morning and can't wait to see what will be coming through there. It also helps to have the land owner tell you about how the deer move on his property.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Spike

hey guys, i got my first deer of the year on sunday. Button buck which i swore was a doe. it was a 30 yard shot, double lung complete pass through. This is the first deer i have shot with a mechanical broadhead(spitfire maxx) wow did it do its job! now it's time for something with antlers
Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first of the year. Now, like you said it's time to see some bone on the head. Good luck to you and everyone alse out there. Shoot one for the team!!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

I leave Friday morning to go to south east Indiana (Ohio county)to do some scouting and hang some stands for their gun season on Nov 12th. I am hoping to be back by noon on sunday so I can get back in the woods here in IL. Good Luck to everybody on our team this weekend.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,working 12 hour shifts,they are killing me-lol
Hunting when time permits and seeing does,no bucks yet but thats about to change soon I bet.The weather is really cooling off here with -3C temps in the morning and some good frosts.
Scrapes and rubs are showing up all over the place.
Building an alluminum trailer as well for my bike.
Once things slow down here with the building I will be out alot more,Still got all of November and december,seems to get better here as it gets colder.
Good luck everyone

jason
Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I almost had a doe in my new spot this morning but a pickup truck came driving up the lane and spooked her just enough that she turned and went the other way. After she came in I messed around a little bit with a 6 pointer. I grunted at him and he came walking down the hill right at me. He was grunting as he was walking towards me. He came in after I did a rattling and grunting sequence. I could have had him at 5 yards, lol. My friend was out with me and he shot this 2 year old 8 point. It's an average buck but I wouldn't have shot him. Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-daves-buck1.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-daves-buck2.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Thats no deer to turn down around here 'MOF', Nc dosent have the largest, what kinda trees were around that deer, leaves look like 'tulip poplars' but that one trees bark looks more like a hickory. Ill be hunting all this week at my folks/ bean field, hope I have some news on that soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.