TM.6 The B&C Boyz

Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Well, sorry to say that I couldn't find the buck!! I trapsed the area for hours and found no sign whatsoever! Hopefully he isn't mortally wounded and survives! I'm not making excuses for myself but, there were a few twigs that may have affected my arrows flight. Good huntin' guys!
Well keep your head up and try it again. Hopefully your bad luck is over. It's nice to see that people are seeing and getting opportunities. Hopefully I get a crack at one this weekend.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Monster! And I feel your pain PREDATE. Been out 4 times this year and saw deer each time, just no bucks. Not usual though, for the grounds I hunt. I have bucks on trail cams and looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Good luck guys!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys...thought i would have a post like his but.... At 8:00 this morning i had the big boy coming to me from behind. Never heard him, finally saw him at 25 yds dead on and down wind. He knew something wasnt right and got very cautious. Me?, im sitting in my summit with my legs crossed and bow hanging. I was able to get my bow down and release hooked, but wasnt chancing uncrossing the legs (never practiced that way). At 10 yds he had enough and bolted to my left and stopped at 25 yds. I uncrossed the legs and drew back at the same time. Found my mark and released.! Shot looked good but made a loud crack instead of thwack and he took off. I waited 40 minutes (shot a doe while waiting which dropped within sight) got down, found major bright red blood, my arrow bout 10 yds with blood 2/3 up the shaft. Excellent trail for several hundred yds...then nothing. Man my guts are in knots... Back at camp Grabing lunch now and heading back out. Also this is not easy to post from an iphone. Will keep y'all updated!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UFunny2
Well guys...thought i would have a post like his but.... At 8:00 this morning i had the big boy coming to me from behind. Never heard him, finally saw him at 25 yds dead on and down wind. He knew something wasnt right and got very cautious. Me?, im sitting in my summit with my legs crossed and bow hanging. I was able to get my bow down and release hooked, but wasnt chancing uncrossing the legs (never practiced that way). At 10 yds he had enough and bolted to my left and stopped at 25 yds. I uncrossed the legs and drew back at the same time. Found my mark and released.! Shot looked good but made a loud crack instead of thwack and he took off. I waited 40 minutes (shot a doe while waiting which dropped within sight) got down, found major bright red blood, my arrow bout 10 yds with blood 2/3 up the shaft. Excellent trail for several hundred yds...then nothing. Man my guts are in knots... Back at camp Grabing lunch now and heading back out. Also this is not easy to post from an iphone. Will keep y'all updated!!!
well dont get down and out yet, arrow could have stopped on opposite shoulder or leg. just stay deligent and you should find him dont rush it and remember his reaction and where he was going. Good Luck.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Sound like you hit the opposite shoulder. so just give him some time and i think u should find him..good luck..
Old 10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Good job Ufunny2! I hope ya' get him! Hopefully you're grillin' up some backstraps and admiring the big boy'z headgear!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mbruizer187
It happens man, good luck. Started hunting Saturday, saw 2 doe in the morning, then nothing in the woods the rest of the weekend, had tons of wind and rain. My brother and friend that i hunt with, took the 2 field stands and saw deer all weekend in the fields, and my friend scored a heart shot on an 8 pointer, Monday night i hopped in the ladder stand over looking the fields to see what kind of movement was going on and where. Well 800yards across the fields i spot 3 does and 2 fawn coming out of a cornfield and into an open cut before the woods, so i watched them mill around and head up the hill into the woods, 2 minutes later more movement same spot, and out of the corn comes a nice thick 10 point followed by a 6. the 10 follows the does trail to the T and heads up the hill and the 6 splits off and heads over toward the hang-on stand i have up on that hill. then right before dark in the field i am in a 6 point comes out 100yrds up from me and continues away, while watching him a big 8 steps out of the same spot and into the field after him, now its just about black out, so i sneak down the field to get out without being seen and get to about 100 yards from where i seen them last, and here antlers smashing lol. so i listened for a while and continued out. Sorry for the long post havent posted in a while in here, just an update.
As a New Yorker, I can say that you had a good amount of action on monday!! Good luck to you! I've been sticking to the thick overgrown fields. There are not as many corn fields down this way. I walked in the house the other night at dark and went back out 10 minutes later to take garbage to the road and 20 yds. off my deck was a deer at the bird feeder! It must've stalked me home!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for everyones input. I searched until 3:30 this afternoon and nothing. Its very heartbreaking. I'm camped by myself so i have nobody to assist in looking. With amount of blood in the ground, i dont know how he keeps going. I'll listen for coyotes tonight. I did kill another doe this evening, so it was a productive day! Three shots two does hanging. Just wish the bucks would fall as easy. I'll take another walk in the am, until then sipping jeager by the campfire
Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Did it seem as if he bedded down? Did he run up or downhill? How far did you follow blood? Good luck in the A.M. Try not to get all bombed on the jeager!! But if ya' do, we want pictures!!!LOL
Old 10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say i tracked blood bout 300 yds b4 iost it. He stayed perpindicular with the hillside travelling pretty straight. Found a few spots where he stopped but doesnt look like he bedded. I think this buck wouldve pushed 140". Lol, i have deer snorting to the left and right of me as i post this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.