Community

TM.6 The B&C Boyz

Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully I can put one down this weekend! I'm pumped for opening day! I've got my eyes on a few good deer!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys...haven't posted yet, but have been watching the board. Congrats M7 on your buck. I took off this week to hunt a 900 acre property that a family member recently purchased. I brought my camper and planned to stay all week. Unfortunately, work called me back yesterday. I plan on getting back tomorrow for the evening and Saturday. I never had opportunity to scout the property, so Monday and Tuesday was pretty much scouting and learning the lay of the land. I've seen tons of doe and a few bucks way out in the hay fields, but nothing close to my stand. I think I've narrowed my stand locations to a few choice areas and am ready to sit them this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out...
Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

good luck ufuuny2
Old 10-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

This morning I had two bucks come in to about 60 yards after I blew on the Primos Buck Roar. I think I might try the same area in the morning but I am going to bring my rattling antlers with this time.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys it looks like we have some ground to make up.. I will be in stand tonight.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted Saturday afternoon. Saw 9 doe and caught a glimpse of some horn around 7pm, but couldn't make out how big he was. Except for the 30-40 mph winds, it was nice to finally be out.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I walked up on a shooter this A.M at 10:00. I was on my way out of the woods. I didn't have very long to judge the score on his rack because as soon as I identified him he stood up and I let one fly(25yds.)!! I didn't get a pass-thru and haven't found blood(yet)! I was standing on the dike of our pond and he was about 15ft. lower than me. I heard the THWACK and he bounded(flag down) for about 40yds. jumped the barbed wire then I watched him slink through the brush. At 150 yds. out he turned to go downhill but the neighbors house made him change his mind. He then casually ambled uphill about 40 more yds. and I lost sight of him. I could not find the arrow,blood or hair where he was first hit. So I backed out for 4 hours. I went back to where he started bounding and started trailing from there. About 100 yds. from where he was hit I found 2 nickel sized tufts of white hair. I went to where I last seen him and couldn't pinpoint his trail because the field is overgrown with goldenrod, bushes, saplings, briars, Etc. I started doing circles hoping to atleast cut a track, but nothing! The field ends about 60 yds. past where I seen him last and turns into open woods for 150 yds then gets even thicker than the field. Do ya'll think he would have left the thick feild and went into the woods? He was quartering away when I shot. I hope the white hair is just from his opposite armpit. I believe I made a good hit but to not find any blood is awefully discouraging. I'm gonna scour the area tomorrow. It's so freakin' thick I hope I just trip over him!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

good luck on finding him..
Old 10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Well, sorry to say that I couldn't find the buck!! I trapsed the area for hours and found no sign whatsoever! Hopefully he isn't mortally wounded and survives! I'm not making excuses for myself but, there were a few twigs that may have affected my arrows flight. Good huntin' guys!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

It happens man, good luck. Started hunting Saturday, saw 2 doe in the morning, then nothing in the woods the rest of the weekend, had tons of wind and rain. My brother and friend that i hunt with, took the 2 field stands and saw deer all weekend in the fields, and my friend scored a heart shot on an 8 pointer, Monday night i hopped in the ladder stand over looking the fields to see what kind of movement was going on and where. Well 800yards across the fields i spot 3 does and 2 fawn coming out of a cornfield and into an open cut before the woods, so i watched them mill around and head up the hill into the woods, 2 minutes later more movement same spot, and out of the corn comes a nice thick 10 point followed by a 6. the 10 follows the does trail to the T and heads up the hill and the 6 splits off and heads over toward the hang-on stand i have up on that hill. then right before dark in the field i am in a 6 point comes out 100yrds up from me and continues away, while watching him a big 8 steps out of the same spot and into the field after him, now its just about black out, so i sneak down the field to get out without being seen and get to about 100 yards from where i seen them last, and here antlers smashing lol. so i listened for a while and continued out. Sorry for the long post havent posted in a while in here, just an update.

Last edited by mbruizer187; 10-20-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.