GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

If we didn’t have trail cam pics of older bucks we’d probably shoot him. In Ohio you have only one buck tag so he gets one more year. It’s also a lot easier to pass on a borderline buck when you’re filming hunts. Now we can show the guys at camp what walked by.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

That is a nice one Robow but he will most definatly be a great one next year!

I'm headed back out either tomorrow night or Friday morning. Only problem is there is 100% chance of rain all weekend. I see lots of time in the blind in my near future. Do yall have any good idea's on how to stay dry when its 80 degrees and raining. I have all the gear for when its 50 and below but nothing that is not insulated..lol Thinkin about trying to find a pair of frogg toggs or something similar.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

While spreading manure this morning I saw 5 rubs on a tree line. I haven't seen many deer here in ohio yet... going back home this weekend to bad it's gonna be be 80 degrees.

Got a picture of this 6 point at home in Indiana.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I've been seeing scrapes too Brent.

Mostly fawns, a few does, and dink bucks on the cams.

I hunted this morning and had a big bodied deer go close by ~15 min before legal time. I was hoping the deer would stay and feed on the acorns, no luck...

-fsh
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I saw a few small rubs in Ohio last weekend.
We just picked up a small piece of land less than a mile from my office! It’s in an urban area and buts up to a bigger piece that has monsters taken off it almost every year. I am pumped! Now I can be in the tree stand within a few minutes after I leave work and be hunting some big boys!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

And we can win this contest! I'll be going back out when it gets cooler. I don't like hunting when its 80 degrees
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping to get out this weekend. Its been about a month with no rain and starting tomorrow there is now a 90% throughout the weekend. Put with that 30 mph winds and that makes it pretty crappy. If the winds die down and I can catch a window of no rain then I'll be out. Crops have been coming out quick with the nice weather but this system will slow that down a little.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

went out tonight. had a doe and fawn pass by at 10 yards. that was pretty cool. they were bedded down wind about 30 yards away in a swamp. going to try the same spot in the morning. then won't hunt there for a couple weeks.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Passed on a little 5 pt at 10 yards this morning. He's bedded about 30 yards behind me right now. Rains coming.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the weather guy was saying that with this system going through, we could've received up to 6 inches of rain. We may have 3/4 of an inch. So if its going to get to 6 then tomorrow is going t be very wet. But I'm heading out anyways. I wasted a whole day today because of the forecast. And all we got was sprinkles. The weather man better hope he doesn't walk under my treestand tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.