GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Hey I've got a question for you guys. I will be graduating the end of next year(Ag/diesel mechanic) and like any other hunters dream I would love to work somewhere that is envolved in deer hunting in some way. I was thinking the other day some of these big outfitters that own thousands of acres probably do some farming. Thus needing a good mechanic with an agricultural background. So if you can think of anyway to help me get my name out there I would appreciate it very much.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what to tell ya Brent.

Well, I must be excited for Saturday because I just got my truck loaded up with all my hunting gear today. I just have to shoot a few arrows everynight this week to get the kinks in my arm and shoulders worked out and have a buddy sharpen a few knives for me and I'm ready. Now, how the heck am I going to get this work week to go fast??
Old 09-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I have a good hunting tool for ya.

http://www.scoutlookweather.com/

Go check this website out. I've kinda watched it last year but I just registered with it today. What it is, is a all weather station for the hunter. You can find your land (very good detail), zoom in and actually mark your treestand. Then there is this scentcone feature that when you hit it, it shows which direction your scent would be blowing. Plus it has sunrise/sunset times, moon phase and a detail of weather conditions. Its pretty cool. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

brent - can't help you. wish i could though. i have a little john deere diesel (950). just got it last year. i'm learning. it's funny how these tractors go. it seems like there's always something to fix. right after i fixed a hydraulic leak i got 2 more. now, my loader can barely lift the bucket up and has hardly no down pressure. damn things. good thing is i have all winter to figure it out.

mottz - you sound like a little kid before christmas. i'm pretty pumped myself but my truck isn't loaded yet

i have a lot of shooting to do this week. i had surgery to remove a rib on my right side a couple months ago. still hurts a bit while shooting. i've only been shooting 4/5 arrows a night. 2nd year in a row w/ a surgery right before hunting. i gotta learn to time this stuff better.

good luck to everyone hunting this coming weekend.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with the job hunt Brent.

Mottz - good info there.

RL - ummm, try to hang onto those body parts, lol. Thanks and good luck back to you and & the rest of the team...

-fsh
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Brent - Post on a bunch of forums. You could start with Realtree's forums. Never know if an outfitter would see it there.

Mottz - Great site. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Spike

Killed a big doe Sat night for NC opener, however, battery died on cell phone just after I took a pic and it didn't save it and left camera at home. Guess This contest doesn't work on the honor system. Sorry fellas!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by phish500
Killed a big doe Sat night for NC opener, however, battery died on cell phone just after I took a pic and it didn't save it and left camera at home. Guess This contest doesn't work on the honor system. Sorry fellas!!!
No problem. Hopefully you can get more doe tags.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I've got the itch once again. Goin to hang up stands at home this weekend and spin on the ol' muzzys. Good luck to all... lows in the 40s the end of this week.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by phish500

What did ya do, eat it before you got home? Nice work getting one down. Thats gotta take a little bit off the nerves when that big guy comes walking out. Good Luck!

It was in the 90's here today but by Saturday, its going to be in the low 70's. Its a sign!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.