Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers" >

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm dialing in on my #2 gang I have seen him every morning since last Thursday but he has been 65-75 yards out, this morning he got me again and came out right under the set I was in Sunday night and stood 57 yards out but decided to go the opposite direction. 3 days left to get it done with a bow, if I can connect with him I can boost the lead to almost untouchable with at least 150+"s. our gun season starts saturday and while I usually sit with a bow in hand I typically also have a tag filled and being obsessed with a couple bucks on the farm I have passed and passed hoping to tag one of the booners I hope it pays off.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from my week up north and didn't bring anything down to contribute to the team total. Scanning the forum, seems like we're sitting pretty score wise so I'm glad I passed on several small 6's and 8's cause I'm thinking we might be returning next year as a team and I can add to next years total.

Did harvest another buck and had a couple of good sits in the snow. Had multiple young bucks in bow range but nothing that would score three digits so I let them walk.

If needed, I can bring out the bow come December and add to our score but I'd rather save the bone for next year's contest.

Good luck to all that still have open tags. Gun hunting starts in less than 4 days and the 130 class buck I kept seeing at 80 yards better not get in front of my Sako unless he wants a ride in my truck.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Beautiful buck dmax, especially after all the trials and tributes just getting to the hunt.

I lost power to my Avalanche while on the trip so I can sort of relate but I was only inconvienced for two afternoons and out $1200. After two trips to the auto dealer and missing several mid day hunting opportunities I felt I should deserve some good luck but it never came.

Way to go team 13, keep up the great hunting stories and always remember the awesome time spent afield.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks W9ARcher, My Dad and I are heading back to Ohio on Friday morning. I really want to see him get that 170" buck I saw after I shot mine. Plan on taken a doe this trip.
Good Luck to those who are still hunting!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hope you get a good one in your last few hunting days Canuck! I had a cool hunt last weekend. I took my 8 year old daughter out to sit for a couple hours one evening. She likes to go once or twice a year, and this was our first time out this season. We never saw any deer in the past, so I really just wanted her to see a deer to keep her interest up. Well while walking in we see a small spike and then two does in the distance. We got pretty close to one of the does in some thick stuff before it took off. She thought that was pretty neat. I was happy we at least saw some. We set up in front of a huge oak tree with a little bit of cover around it, but not much, since I was more interested in her seeing a deer than actually getting a shot. It was pretty windy, so we were having trouble even seeing many squirrels. To keep her from getting too board, I let her work the can call every now and then. Around 4pm she made a few calls, and a minute or two later I spot a doe working right at us. I told her not to move and asked if she wanted me to shoot at it if I got a chance. She said yes. It came right in and faced us at twenty yards. I figured she would take off since we were not very well hidden, but after a minute she turned away some. I drew back expecting her to take off, but she didn’t. Unfortunately I was sitting on a stool and she was just far enough to the right that I was not able to comfortably line up my sights. I moved the pins in front of the deer and tried to pivot more to my right. When I went to get back on her I did not take my finger off of the release’s trigger, and you guessed it, I accidently released the arrow right in front of the doe. It probably was best, because I do not know how my daughter would have liked the blood and guts part of the evening if I had made the shot. As it is we had a great time together in the woods. Have fun out there everyone, the long wait for next year will be here before you know it.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somama Bit#$, this mornign was unbelievable Nothing from daylight till 725 then 20 minutes of insanity I easily had of 600" of antler running around 55-80 yards awsy. One for sure was kicker 2 but they were all over so I wasn't sure onthe others but at least 3 other monsters and 6-8 1.5-2.5's all running around grunting. Honestly I never saw the doe but that poor girl was def in trouble. I never saw anythign like it unfortunately as it often goes with scenarios like that they were gone as fast as they appeared but they are in teh are and i will be back in my set early this afternoon if itwasn't for work I would have been there all day. Day and half to getr done with the stick and string then Mr Omega will bark!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a great morning, and like you have got a good spot to finish your season in. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Well boys... I haven't been able to close the deal and now rifle hunting begins tomorrow. I'll be out bowhunting in a couple weeks once rifle and muzzleloader season ends. Good luck to all!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't been on here for several days and now I see we are in 2nd place.
What happened? To those who still haven't got a buck, please don't give up.
There is still time to get a good buck. We need 105" to take it back.
Come on guys, we have to do this!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, I think we are farther then that behind team 3. I read some place that they have 2 more bucks down that have not been scored. I havent had the bow out for at least 2 weeks, and unless I get out in the next 3 days, I am probably done with the bow. Our Ml'er season starts this Saturday, and runs for 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.