Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers" >

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally starting to cool off here... Man.. Central Illinois SHOULD NOT be mid 80's in October!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well it looks like we will be moving into 2nd place because of entry # 4.
When I look at that buck versus Ryan's I just can't see 144". Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dmax4me

I said the same exact thing!!!!!! I added his numbers up and only could come up with 142.875". That still seems like alot.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by dmax4me
yeah im with you there bro. but i guess that just means its time for us to get out and lay a few down and reclaim our spot at the top...
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with the rest of you. It seems a little high to me.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

It is going to be pretty windy hear tomorrow, but I’m going to head out for a couple of hours in the morning. Good luck to anyone else heading out. I generally don't see many decent bucks in mid-October, but I might shoot a doe for the freezer if I get a chance.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heading out late morning to move one of my stands, and scout for a spot for my ground blind for late season, and then I will be hunting the evening. Good Luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a doe and 2 fawns and 11 turkey this morning. Since it was so windy, I decided to go for a walk. I got about 300 yards into my walk in a thicket of small pines, I looked up and there is a buck bedded about 12 yards in front of me. He had a two foot log in front of him and all I could see was his head and antlers. I slowly crouched down, I knew it was to thick to get a shot off but I wanted to wait until he stood up. He left after about 4-5 minutes of swirling wind. He is a chocolate horned 10 point.
He might go 120" but for a PA buck it's pretty nice.
I went back out and set a stand about 80 yards away. Hopefully I will be able to catch him moving one of these evenings. He has me pumped.
Scott
Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Went out to check the cameras today and I had this guy on there. I hope he survives this year and grows similar to this next year, he would sure be a really cool buck.
Attached Thumbnails Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"-mdgc0023.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Did not see any deer on Saturday, well no live ones anyway. Was hunting public property and one of my friends shot a small buck and saw another guy in a parking area with a doe. I hadn’t hunted the spot I went to on Saturday yet this year and got off track going around a fresh blow down. Ended up hunting a different tree to avoid back tracking. I may get out with the bow one more time for a couple of hours tomorrow morning before our early muzzy season starts on Thursday. Good luck getting back on that buck Scott. It’s pretty cool when you can walk within bow range of a deer. I have done it a few times, but never on a nice buck, and I have never got one with a bow that way. Harry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.