Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers" >

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Community

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Old 10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Ron, I grew up in Altoona, Pa and went to Penn State, so I hunted Blair, Centre and Huntington counties a lot through my late 20s, before moving to MD. In the areas I hunted water was rarely a problem, so I never really hunted next to it. Obviously you know your area better then I, but I definably had my best luck hunting oak flats and ridges in predominately wooded areas. I don’t know if you are hunting farm land or not. If so the dear still like to hit any oak flats between their bedding are and the crops. I had a property that I had pretty well figured out and then the owner did a large selective cut and a smaller clear cut area. Even though the area of my best stand was not touched it changed everything. Definitely a downer when you realize your old reliable stands aren’t going to work anymore. At least your situation is probably a one year event. The good news is you get to explore some new territory. Good luck. Harry.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday evening. Seen 8 total. Couple does and a few smaller bucks. Try to head back out this evening. Goodluck to everybody!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys wondering why i received am email saying i have been assigned to team 13 and my name isn't on the list?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lightsout
Hey guys wondering why i received am email saying i have been assigned to team 13 and my name isn't on the list?
Sorry about that, I didnt notice this until you pointed it out. I think what happened, is that we had so many no shows with our origional team members, so they replaced those with alts. Then half of the alts never showed up, so they replaced those with more alts. it looks like jcoch checked in for the last member a few pages before yoiu did, so I think its only fair to give that spot to him. If anyone on the team feels differently, let me know. Sorry.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Ok sorry about the confusion. Sounds good.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't been too active guys but between school, work, poor weather, and recently becoming engaged, I haven't had time to be out in the woods. Hoping to get out tomorrow tho!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well went out Opening day here in Illinois... Only had a 1.5 yo 6pt come in... I did however manage to put the smackdown on this ole Tom though...

Old 10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Predator, I always wanted to get a turkey with my bow. There is no fall season for them here in eastern MD. Congrats on the engagement ek, and good luck tomorrow. I am going to give it another try in the morning as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, love the turk with a bow!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hey BigDaddy,
Thanks for voting not to allow Team 1's entry. They are the returning champions from last year, so they should know the rules better than anyone that has never participated.

Deer Predator
Congratulations on the Gobbler!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.