Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers" >

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Community

Team 13 check in thread "Natural Bone Killers"

Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got it figured out, he did add an 11th guy to each team, and he had his name spelled wrong. I found him and sent him a PM too, so hopefully this time tomorrow, we have a full team. 4 more days for me, and I will be in a tree! Good Luck to anyone hunting this weekend.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Opening is Saturday for for me, but like usual work screwed me over. I'll be out Sunday evening and Monday morning for sure tho! Im freakin pumped for the season!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well nothing like forgetting about the contest, signing up on an alternate's list and finally finding a home...
Old 09-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK.. Now that I have a little more time.. ....

My name is Ken, I typically bowhunt in Central and Southern Illinois. Started the chase with a bruiser on the Central IL property.. He will go easilly over 200 (no pics though), I jumped him comming into my stand 3 seasons ago... Ever since then I still see him, just not in bow range.... In Southern IL I had a 200" within 18 yrds and couldn't do a thing about it!... POS doghouse blind... All of my Bone Collector blinds were already setup where I gun hunt and I was down to using the doghouse .. This big boy came up to my decoy WITH THE WIND AT HIS BACK .... Oh well... I guess that's why it is hunting and not grocery shoppin! .... The first pic is the brute we got on trail cam (he is the one I had within 18yds)... the rest is a sample of what I took off of the farm...

Last edited by deer_predator; 09-14-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome aboard Ken! Glad you made it. Looks like you have some slammers running around your land.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Alltlk4 checking in. My season starts tommorrow. I am in NW missouri near Maryville, MO. I hunt my wife's family farm and have access to 1500 acres. I get out as much as I can and do most of my hunting from late October through November. I have plenty of trophy animals running around the farm. I plan to check trail cams again as I hunt this weekend as well.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
Alltlk4 checking in. My season starts tommorrow. I am in NW missouri near Maryville, MO. I hunt my wife's family farm and have access to 1500 acres. I get out as much as I can and do most of my hunting from late October through November. I have plenty of trophy animals running around the farm. I plan to check trail cams again as I hunt this weekend as well.
Glad to see you make it! Good Luck this weekend.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to Team 13 Alltlk4 and Deer Predator. I have a feeling we're going to be at the top of the standings all season long.

I also sent a PM to jddeadeye to check in so hopefully he's back on the forum soon since he hasn't been active in the last week. His openning is this weekend as well as the rest of us MN and WI archers. Good luck to all in your scouting and the hunt.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by W9ARcher
Welcome to Team 13 Alltlk4 and Deer Predator. I have a feeling we're going to be at the top of the standings all season long.

I also sent a PM to jddeadeye to check in so hopefully he's back on the forum soon since he hasn't been active in the last week. His openning is this weekend as well as the rest of us MN and WI archers. Good luck to all in your scouting and the hunt.

Thanks... heading to the farm in the am to do some work... will be able to check on the food plots and all....
Old 09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by deer_predator
Well nothing like forgetting about the contest, signing up on an alternate's list and finally finding a home...
Welcome to the Team Ken. I used to have a lease in IL. That is definitely the land of the Giants. Wish you luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.