HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Timney Trigger Question
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
demoIL
Nontypical Buck

Default Timney Trigger Question

Building a Remington Vssf II in 22-250, thumbhole, glass bedded, made plenty of clearence for the trigger etc etc.

I went to put this Timney in and I have a problem. First off I bought the Timney trigger (510 I think) with the safety and bolt release lever on it. My problem is with the allen screw that is on the side of the trigger that holds the bolt release lever in place. There is an allen screw that is adjustable and there is a guide above it, just a silver guide pin.. Well when the allen screw is tight enough to hold the lever on the guide pin the bolt stop will not release and the bolt just comes out of the reciever. When the allen head screw is loose enough for the bolt stop to operate properly then the top of the bolt relase lever comes off the top guide pin. Falls off track essentially.. There is no sweet spot..

Anyone have any experience with this trigger? Is this a common problem that there is a fix for or is it just bad design.. OR, do I have a defective trigger for some reason..

Any Advise?