Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures >

2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures

2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures

Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kdsberman
Nice bird Siman08, very nice bird! How big was he??
20 lbs, 9" beard, 3/4 spurs

Your score is 20 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 18 = 53

JW!

(Say report yor score on the Score reporting thread to make it official)

thanks

Last edited by JW; 04-26-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Roosted this bird the night before and set up in good position this morn. Got settled in around 445 and by 5 he was gobbling less than 100 yards behind me in the woods, on the roost. He gobbled his head off non stop until 630. While on the ground and heading toward me he gobbled very little, but knew there was a hen he wanted to check out. He stepped into the field at 20 yards and fanned out when he saw my deeks, a few seconds later he was dead. This is my 3rd year turkey hunting and the 1st bird that I have harvested alone, usually I'm with my uncle and he calls them in and I have the easy job of shooting them.

23 lbs
3/4 " spurs L/R
9 inch beard

Not sure how to make the pics larger....

Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Siman08/OH
20 lbs, 9" beard, 3/4 spurs

Your score is 20 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 18 = 53

JW!

(Say report yor score on the Score reporting thread to make it official)

thanks
What?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010...s-here-11.html

Im confused at to what else you need me to do?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pics Rory.. you boys did good!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed my 3rd Texas bird, 6th overall, Saturday evening. I just had to go out one more time. I had a couple Texas tags left, so I drove to Decatur, TX. to hunt the LBJ Grasslands one more time. I roosted this bird Friday night, but he was on private land. Saturday morning he was gobbling like crazy on roost. When he flew down, he gobbled off and on all morning, but never left the private land. I sat there and watched him strut and gobble in a pasture for almost an hour before he followed his hens out of the pasture. I tried my best to call him over to the public land, but the hens wouldn't let him come. It was time to strategize for the afternoon hunt. I knew where he was roosting, so my plan was to intercept him on his way to roost. I figured he was going to come back and walk the pasture to his roost. There was a small section of the pasture that was on the government land. I would have to get him really interested in order for him to come my way, especially if he was with hens. I got set up about 5:00 pm, about 300 yards from where he was roosting on the private land. I was there for about 20 minutes when I heard him gobble several hundred yards to my right. He would gobble about every 4 to 5 minutes for the next hour or so. Finally his gobbles getting closer and closer. At about 6:30, I saw a hen come in the pasture. Then I saw him. Two more hens followed. I knew it was now going to be next to impossible to get this bird to pay me a visit. I sat there and watched him strut and gobble for 10 minutes while his harem was taking a dust bath. When the hens finished bathing, they started walking towards the middle of the pasture. I gave a few soft purrs followed by a couple of clucks. this made them just interested enough to turn and slowly come my way. I thought to myself, this just may work. The hens kept slowly coming my way, followed by the gobbler. Now I'm thinking, this is going to happen. This was about the time my heart starts pounding. The hens finally made it 20 yards in front of me after watching them and the gobbler for 45 minutes. The gobbler, still gobbling and strutting, took his sweet time, but finally gave me a shot at about 35 yards. It was awesome watching this bird strut and gobble for 45 minutes from the first time i saw him until the time I sent a load of Rem. HD's his way. What a great way to end my season. I already miss turkey season. He weighed 18 lbs. 7 oz., had a 9.5 inch beard, and 3/4" spurs. A very nice 2 year old. I have to say, this has been one great season that ended with a great hunt.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures-100_1467.jpg   2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures-100_1472.jpg  
Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default last day of the season

Last day of the Alabama season

9.5" beard
17 lbs
7/8" and 15/16" spurs

Someone smarter than me can figure the score!

I must have heard 150 gobbles during that hunt. What a morning!
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures-turkey2.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Had a great weekend got my largest MN bird and second largest bird of all time. All the birds were very quited didn't here much for gobbles he cam in dead silent. and left the same way over my shoulder. Shot mine and guided to two others 5hrs in the feild 3 birds smallest was 20 lbs.
25lbs 11.5in beard 1.125 spurs
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures-10mnbird.jpg  

Last edited by mconwa951; 05-06-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arjuna
Last day of the Alabama season

9.5" beard
17 lbs
7/8" and 15/16" spurs

Someone smarter than me can figure the score!
Your bird scores 54.125. Nice bird and congrats.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I left my house in Gilberts Friday morning at 4:30 to head to my relatives farm in Central WI. I pulled in about 9:10 a.m. and didn't even unload my things, just my gear. We loaded everything into the back of my uncles Mule and he drove me out to our spot and I got set up around 9:40. After an hour I had 2 jakes run into my decoys from about 120 yards out. It was funny to see them race each other! The came right into the decoys at 15 yards and stuck around for about 15 minutes and then left. About an hour later the same two jakes came back, monkeyed around with the decoys for a bit and left again. I watched them cross the field and then join up with a hen and continue off. About 30 minutes later I noticed a red and white head sneking along the fence line at 20 yards heading straight to my decoys. I raised my gun and waited for him to get into the openening where my decoys where and saw that he was a long beard. I putted a couple times to get him to raise his head and he wouldn't so I just shot and dropped him! My best tom so far this season - 24 lbs., 10" beard, 1.125" spurs - NWTF score 66.5!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.