Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team 15 GO GO GADGET GOBBLERS >

Team 15 GO GO GADGET GOBBLERS

Team 15 GO GO GADGET GOBBLERS

Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

way to go jr.!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Quick update, little fieldmouse had his shot stolen by my neighbor, lol. They got on some birds on Sat morning after making their first move at 8 out of the foggy river bottom. They had two gobblers they first though were moving away, when one crept up behind them. My neighbor saw him a ssec before fieldmousejr and just beofre he was going to shoot, he shot and downed the bird. We will have to rely on another spot to get a bird this year. Don't worry team, I'm yanking him out of school to for a day to make another hunt.

On a side note, I made a move about the same time at 8 because not much was happening at our first spot. We croosed a beaver dam on the way to another powerline when I heard what I though was another hunting group calling for a bird. Also heard a very loud gobble. We retreated back down into the woods and set up. With in 15 min I saw the first one of the flock coming through the woods. I told Jay to get ready and where they were. Had a gobbler at 40 yrds but unfortunately he missed. His second time ever hunting, his first chance and he's only shot a few times. He loved it though. I'm happy I made the right move at the right time and put him on the bird.

Question I have for the team. As the birds were coming through, the hens were in front with at least two gobblers following. They were agnling away at 40-45 yrds. Should I have hit my call again to try to turn the gobbler or would he even have come off the hens? This only my 3rd year but I have had success with finding the birds and getting them in front each year. Just wondering if there is something I should have done. Also, this year was the first year hearing the hens calling. Wow, the hens were very loud.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at em fieldmouse. About your question at the end, if they were angling away I would of tried some soft calling or purring. If they keep going, then they keep going. But you may get one to break loose just enough to get into range. I haven't been turkey hunting much more than you, but I'm an impatient kind of guy when I see them moving away. In fact, this last weekend I had a hen pitch down right to my decoys and as she'd move off, I'd call her back just trying to get some live bait in the area. Plus its more fun to watch something.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
DTC, I came up with 60.53 which just beats out the other score. But I typed it in as 24 1/2 weight and 9 1/2 beard. So if those measurements ar just a little bigger than your .5 measurements then it will be close to the same size. Can you check to see what you came up with for a score?
Mottz, those are right. I just typed it in as .5 on the weight and beard.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys sorry I've been offline for a while after starting the new job. AM I too late to check in??
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SDarcher
hey guys sorry I've been offline for a while after starting the new job. AM I too late to check in??
I'll pm Arrow or JW and ask them and let you know.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

SD, Arrow is going to put you on a different team. So watch your pm's. Sorry I couldn't get ya on here, but good luck to ya!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mottz, you need to put DTC Jr's other bird on so we can get our team score changed.

Our season opens Monday and I can't wait!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

no problem, Thanks Mottz. Good luck to you guys!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got it up DTC. Geez, the pressure you put on me Good luck to ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.