Community

Team 14 FanTom Assassins

Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

excellent job everyone, less then a week for us fellas in ny, should be a doosey come saturday!! its also opening day of walleye fishing around here, but ill take my 835 over a fishin pole anyday!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's good to see you have your priorities straight. Good luck chasing those longbeards.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Spike

Hey guys sorry I was away for a weeks, but congrats to all of those who have scored. PA season starts this Saturday so hopefully I can put my tag on one. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, this not acceptable. We are at the bottom of the page. Does everyones season open this weekend? That is if it hasn't already opened. I'm leaving for my last hunt of the season tomorrow. Going back to the LBJ Grasslands in Texas to try and fill a tag. It's going to be tough, but at least I'll be turkey hunting. Good luck to you guys who start their season this weekend.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default miss

missed a bird today, took poke from about 45 yards. Feathers flew and i thought i had him, but off he went. He wasn't a big bird either a small 2 year old or a jake. I was out of position and got a scope nose!!!! it bled pretty good and i have a nice cresent cut on the bridge of my nose. Wish the rest of team 14 well, tomorrow is the last day of the season so i'll se how it goes.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Spike

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. my season was last week and very limited due to obligations with my parents 50th anniversary party. No luck and very limited turkey activity in all my regular areas. I will go again next weekend, I bought an extra tag for this season knowing I had prior obligations. Good job all you hard working hunters, we all know it's not just luck but scouting and preparation that makes for a successful outcome.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Spike

Good luck to those that have an opener today! I am getting ready to head out. Tried to roost some last night, but not exactly sure where they went. I know what ridge they are on . Good luck everyone!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2nd bird

Got a last day bird last night, smaller than my first one but i'll take it. 6:55 pm, Jake 13 lbs, 5 7/8'' beard, 1/2'' spurs. today is the last day of the season and i'm working tonight so that's it for me. Good luck teammates let's move up the list some! Got a pic on my cell phone just don't know how to get it posted.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Spike

We went out even though thunderstorms were in the forecast and had some thunder at sunrise. We snuck up a ridge where they normally roost. I was just hoping we would hear some gobbling and try to sneak in on them. There were two roosted about 40 yards from our setup and they gobbled almost every time it thundered. They flew down right at daylight and landed up the ridge and walked downhill back to us. My buddy had an open shot so he took it (no double ). It was 20ish pounds, 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. I'm going to try to get out in a blind in the morning and hunt through the rain.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

No luck this weekend for opener. Did not here a bird but heard rumors of a brute were I hunt at my camp. Will try next week, but in mean time will go with a friend in mourning. They were on birds this weekend but no good shots were presented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.