Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team 13 Tom's Worst Nightmare >

Team 13 Tom's Worst Nightmare

Community

Team 13 Tom's Worst Nightmare

Old 04-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I will be receiving (soon)official contest stickers for everyone on the team. All I need from you is your mailing address and I will send one out to you.

Please PM me your address if you wish and I will acknowledge you back that I received it.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Brian
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

how legit are these?has anyone gotten the sticker's before?not trying to be a pest just wanderen cause I'd like to have some just wanna be safe ya know?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
how legit are these?has anyone gotten the sticker's before?not trying to be a pest just wanderen cause I'd like to have some just wanna be safe ya know?

Hunting Kuk, I've never been part of this contest before so I can't answer your question, but to be honest with you the contest sticker is the one on the top right of this page and it is legit as far as I'm concerned. As Captain of the team, I had to PM my address to (JW Administrator) so he could send me the contest stickers for everyone. Once I receive them I will make sure to send them out to anyone on the team that wants one.

Take care,

Brian
Old 04-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default My first crossbow bird!

I was out this morning first thing in my blind and I was not hearing any thing so at 7:15 I decided to get out of the blind and run and gun.While I was walking threw the thick woods heading to a old hidden field I had a group of crows land in a tree in front of me and start fighting and making a ton of noise and then 2 toms out in the field started gobbling like crazy to the crows.So I set up my DSD and my camera and sat down.I called only one time and the both toms gobbled back then came practically running in.Once they seen the decoy the started strutting slowly right at it.once they got to 10 yards I let the tornado rip and i hammered the first tom and he only went 3 yards.But the other tom liked the decoy so much he jumped on the other dead tom and started trying to mate with him and then proceeded to kick and bite him for 35 minutes!
If you look at my toms head in the pic you can see that the side of his face is all bloody,eye lid ripped of and his eye pecked out!I caught it all on film too!

Hunter -Bushnlo
Killed-Nj
Spurs were both 1 inch
Beard was 9 5/8
Weight was 15.5 lbs gutted
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

awsome congrats..musta been awsome watchen the other bird thump him
Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

well i've had a few close ones but nothing there yet. got alot of rain here now. so tomorrow morning looks god hope they're gobbling. if nothing else i'll be finding mushrooms
Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

Hope everyones season is going well. Was out today, but nothing to show off yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Anyways, I just received the contest stickers fron JW and they look great. I will mail each member one if they would like, all I need you to do is PM me your address and I will mail it out to you.

Take care and good luck to everyone.

Brian
Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

bp u can go ahead and keep mine...parents would kill me if they knew I gave out the address
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

bushnlo did you post that bird on the contest page..I didnt see it but I am also not the most observant feller in the world either
Old 05-11-2010, 05:57 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

I got a nice one today!! It'll score in the 60's. I got it pre-work and did not have time to get detailed measurements.

Here it is, bird #1...

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

bhw first bird

21 pounds
9.5" beard
1.125" lt spur
1.125" rt spur

Score = 62.5

BHW

Last edited by bhw; 05-11-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.