Community

Team 12 Tommy Knockers

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

GOOD LUCK TOMMY KNOCKERS
catch me if you can

Old 03-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Just got back from yet another succesful scouting trip. The first spot i sat for an hour and had about 5 toms near by. Then i drove past another spot that i can hunt and there were 4 hens and a big ol tom struttin in the middle of the field. I need to hunt NOW!! End of April is too far away!!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out to a park yesterday and called a couple in. Figured out which call they like best. I'll start hunting in under a week, if i cant go this weekend me and my ma are definately going tuesday morning before i have a class
Old 03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

checkin in...I hunt NY and can get 2 birds
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

I went back to the first spot i scouted this week and had 2 hens and 2 toms in front of me. One was struttin while the other was the "look out". Im pre sure these are the same two birds that i messed up on last year on the last day of the season. Both have about 10 inch beards and must weigh in the mid 20's. I can't wait to possibly get a shot at one of these!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

boy buckmaster....You're on birds already...and with 4 seasons to hunt, you should be sure to put the smack down on atleast one.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I sure hope so! I have nothing to do this week bc its my spring break and id much rather be out in the woods scouting and getting the experience of listening to the hens and how the birds interact instead of doing my homework lol. Plus my younger brother's youth hunt is in a couple weeks so i wanna give him the best chance at filling his tag. I most likely will be going out again tomorrow morning haha.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Just got back. Out of all the birds i've seen and heard this week, 5 have a "routine" that i have somewhat figured out. I think 2 of these 5 birds would be easily called in bc they haven't been with hens whenever i have spotted them. But who knows i still have 4 weeks till hunting and my brother and dad have the first two seasons of the year. I guess ill have to wait and find out!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season opens tomorrow, but i dont think im going out until Tuesday
Old 03-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the propertys we hunt has a TON of turkeys that are a nuisance to the owners. So he allows anyone who asks to hunt his property. So last weekend(the week before opener) two of the locals went to him and asked permission to hunt his property, saying that season there opened a week early. They went out and shot 5 birds, including a hen. This pisses me off soooooo much, it ruins our hunting, the birds, and peoples respect for hunters...>.<

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.