Community

Team 11 LONGBEARD MAFIA

Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is another pic of the bird I shot the other day.. .my 5 year old loves it... just thought this pic was too good not to post! I will be heading out tomorrow w/ a buddy to a great spot... there has been 4 birds there almost daily.. gonna try to tag out in MA tomorrow AM there w/ him.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rough day today... 3 of us went... around 6:30 or so we struck up a bird... we got set up on him... The guy to my right is a newbie... he didn't even sit w/ a tree to his back.. just sat down on the ground... I didn't realize this until the bird was already coming...
long story short, the bird came into view strutting, a bit too far out... came up my right side toward the other guy... starting committing and then just locked up, turned and started heading away... i imagine he saw that something did not belong.. i gave a quick yelp and he stopped for a brief moment. I asked the other guy if he had a shot.. he said no, so I took one... knocked the bird to the ground.. he then got his sh@# together, got up, and ran away before I could put another round in his direction... never found him... ugh..
Old 05-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Got schooled again today by a nice tom... think it was the same one from opening am... had him gobbling on roost... wouldn't budge when he flew down... snuck up and got set up in him... got him in to about 50 yards, but not shot.. then he just shut up and dissappeared. I gave him 1/2 hour and then moved up... caught him sneaking up the ridge about 70 yards away! I have to kill this bird!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I rec'd the Contest Stickers from the moderators and will start mailing out today.. please email me mailing addresses if you haven't already done so...
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry fellows, its a zero for me. I could only hunt weekends. Storms the first weekend. Tuff hunting. Was in the hospital the second. The third weekend found out there where other hunters, hunting real close. They had them scared to even gobble.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

No worries Shoulder Strap... that's why it's hunting! Sorry you didn't connect... I've had the same things happen to me in season's past.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I've been out a few more times since the last. Only saw birds one of those times..they were about 50 yards out making for the timber. We were sat against some trees on the edge of the timber where we saw them enter the day before. Of course when you sit where you think they're gonna go, they go 50 yds down to enter there instead. I tried to go out today alone (the first time I've ever hunted anything by myself) but it was incredibly windy and rainy so I skipped it. Gonna go tomorrow rain or shine because it might be my last day. Have to have a surgery done on my ears Wednesday and probably won't be feeling too good for a couple days after that. Season ends on the 16th here in Iowa. Hopefully I can either luck out tomorrow or feel good enough to go out Saturday and Sunday for one last chance. The place I'm going to go tomorrow might work out because, even though we've only seen one tom there, he's been there every night and I don't think he's been hunted much because it's private land on the edge of a state park. We walked out Sunday to the spot (its a 3/4 mile walk through an unplowed field so not easy walking with all the gear) and came up over a hill and the tom was out. Of course we were only about 40 yards away from him so he saw us and took off back into the state park. We set up anyway hoping that maybe he or some other turkey would come back out later, but there were hikers in the park making a hell of a racket so we gave up after about an hour. Oh well...maybe tomorrow!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck Tsaxybabe... you'll get him on your own... hope all goes well w/ the surgery...
Stickers have been mailed... i sent everyone 2...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tried it again yesterday but they weren't roosted where they should have been. That spot is very iffy if you don't have birds on the roost so I decided to check out a different spot. Long story short, I never made it to my other spot. I decided to call an archery shop close to where my first spot was because they are a dealer for Strother bows. I never expected anyone to answer at 7:30 AM but they did. I spent the rest of the morning shooting and setting up a bow. I'm now the proud owner of a Strother Infinity!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

how do you like it? I have never shot a Strother, but have heard nothing but good things...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.