Community

Team 11 LONGBEARD MAFIA

Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Well today is the first day of my season. Wanted to go out this morning but it was thundering and lightning outside, and downpouring pretty hard so we figured it wasn't worth it. Gonna try to go out this afternoon and see what happens. Gonna be hunting with my bow and the magnus bullheads. Hopefully we will have better luck today than we did with the youth season...took a kid out and saw nothing but hens.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Best of luck to you tsaxybabe when you get out after them!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Tsaxybabe... we're all pulling for you..
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Count me in!

Am I to late????

I don't see my name on 11??

Last edited by Turkey Fife; 04-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

welcome your new team member TurkeyFife
Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

JJ do you kill a Turkey everyday??.........LoL Seems like every page was a different Bird.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

welcome turkey fife...
where you from? hunting yet?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 nice longbeards full strut all alone at 10am today by my spot... why can't season open already!?!?!?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

So we went out Monday night at about 5:30pm (my guy doesn't get done with college until late on Mondays) and we got out to our spot and got everything set up. We got sat down in our blind and called a couple times and suddenly heard BIG gobbles in every direction! We peeked out and we were basically surrounded by turkeys. About 7 or 8 on one side of us (5 of them were 3 year old toms), and on the other side was a little grove. The group to the left went around the wrong side of a line of evergreens and ended up going behind us and crossing the river. But at the same time, a jake stepped out of the timber and walked in front of our decoys, but too far out to shoot. He doubled back around and was coming in at about 5 yards, but when Tyson peeked out to see where he was, the jake saw him and turned around. He ended up going behind us and we called to him a little more and he came back up the hill to offer us a shot finally. When he was at 20 yards I drew back and shot....only to have my bowstring snap my coat sleeve!!! The arrow was perfect left/right, but landed right in front of his toes and he calmly turned around and walked back into the grove. We tried calling him back and could see him in the trees, but he decided he'd had enough. We stayed there the rest of the night calling, hoping the birds across the river would fly back over to roost in the grove. They sure gobbled a lot, but ended up roosting over there. That jake lucked out! He had a BIG gobble for just a little guy. His beard was so small I could barely see it, lol. But I don't care about that, I just want to make my first bowkill. That would be a very big accomplishment for me, especially a turkey because they are so challenging. I wasn't that upset that I missed (I think the boyfriend was more upset!) because it was still awesome to hear them gobble and just see them up close. I've never seen a turkey in real life before.

We went out again yesterday and saw a few hens but got no action. Going out again tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll have a picture to show you after that
Old 04-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great hunt tsaxybabe, too bad about your coat sleeve though. Do you have an armguard? That should help keep your coat out of the way.

Good news for me, CT finally realized that their 100% license fee increase was ridiculous. They dropped it down to a 25% increase as of April 14. Since I'm a procrastinator, my out of state CT licenses just got much cheaper! I'd be seriously ticked off if I bought my licenses/tags last week because there are no refunds for those who paid full price already. I'm going to save $75 for an archery permit alone, and my firearms license/turkey tags are going to be much cheaper as well. Less than 2 weeks now for the CT season to begin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.