Community

Team 8 Kee Kee Krew

Old 03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe - I added your pic to the score thread.

Later,

Marcial
Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 AM
Spike

Way to go Marcial nice bird. Things are looking good for the Krew. We are on the board and off to a good start. Nice job guys

Mark
Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Great job getting some nice birds guys!! Your making KEE KEE KREW look good!
My season starts 4/10 and I am fired up! I went scouting Sunday and Monday in an area I have seen flocks before, I went in 30 min. after daylight and heard one gobbler on a ridge I know they roost and strut on.

Still 4 inches to more than a foot of snow on the north ridge sides, I'm pretty sure with in the next 2 weeks more turkeys will come into the area.
About 1 mile away I found 3 areas down by a creek I believe to be strutting areas but I'm not sure, they where covered in gobbler droppings a month or more old with only a very few hen droppings. I found 3 sets of gobbler tracks at least a a week old. The creek is surrounded by steep mountains and each strut area is located at a cut or easy access between the mountains.
I set up trail cameras on the gobbler ridge and at the middle strut area to see if any gobblers come into the area. I plan to check the cameras next weekend and reset them. The bad think about these strut areas if that is what they are is that there is one way in and one way out for hunters. A set up here could easily get ruined by another hunter, the ridge would be safer and a better set up area, wish me luck.

Anybody have a resource to more accurately judge the age of turky scat? After a month old I have no idea.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Rocky!

Hopefully your scouting efforts will pay off.

Later,

Marcial

P.S. We are sitting in 3rd place for the one bird per hunter score, and I think 5th place for the total of all birds killed, at 91.25
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome your new team member Gunn
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Gunn!
Welcome to the Krew. Best of luck to you. Where will you be hunting this spring?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

Default Maine

I will be hunting in central Maine on a three day guided hunt on some dairy farm land. I am new to hunting in general and this will be my first turkey hunt. Hopefully I get one the first day and then am able to get a second tag for the second and third days. Season runs for all of May. I am going out in the second week.

-Andrew
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome Gunn, hopefully you will whack out a big ole shag nasty gobbler. Is there alot of turkeys in Maine?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Spike

There seem to be a lot of turkeys up that way. I am actually from Boston and we don't see anything but pigeons over here. I do a little hunting in Maine and some shooting in New Hampshire.

I just figured out that I can bow hunt for turkeys out in western Mass. I am going to get my license and permit for that tonight. Any tips for bowhunting public land in western Mass? Haha!

As far as the number of birds I know in Maine there are flocks numbering in the 50s.

I am going to scout Mass this weekend.

The more tips for bowhunting the better. I figure it will be hard but I want to try.

Last edited by Gunn; 04-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, I have an aunt in Searsport, and last summer I saw a lot of turkeys in that area, especially in the graveyards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.