Community

Team 7 Spur Collectors

Old 04-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Wow! Pope. Tough distance's and high jumping too! Good luck! Do you set up starting blocks in the blind? It would be awesome if you and your Dad could double.
He'll be with you , rt?

Dan
Old 04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got all my stuff together last night so I am ready to head out tomorrow. Do some scouting and roosting on Friday and then Saturday its turkey time. The next time I am on I hope to have pics of a nice Tom to show ya all. Hammer Down and good luck to us all...
Old 04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Spike

Pope good luck this weekend in the field and on the track. Still have 11 more days to go here in MA. Seeing plenty of birds can't wait. keep us posted

Sirtoby
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mfd1027
Wow! Pope. Tough distance's and high jumping too! Good luck! Do you set up starting blocks in the blind? It would be awesome if you and your Dad could double.
He'll be with you , rt?

Dan
Haha nah, the blocks stay on the track.

My dad went with me yeterday and then he'll be going with me again in a couple weeks when his season is over. Im bowhunting so I go all the seasons. He only goes second season.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had our first meet last night. I was on the 4x800 and I ran the 400 leg in the distance medley. I got a personal record in the 400. I ran a 58.21. Coach said some of the times weren't right because he was talking to someone at the time but he figured it to be around 57.something. Thats pretty good for a freshman.

I got one more meet today at oskaloosa than im out for turkey hunting.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Man, you can motor Pope!! WTG. Good luck with the meet today and then get out there and shoot us a big un.

Dan
Old 04-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys! I've been off hunting the last several days. Took me a little bit but I finally scored on an Iowa longbeard this morning! I will get the details and picture posted tonight or tomorrow. This bird I had to work for. The hardest I've had to hunt for one in a long time. Makes it more rewarding though. I will get the exact measurements and post a pic soon. He weighed 22 lbs, that I know for sure.

Last edited by jepcho; 04-18-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hello All! I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I transfered to Special Operations and work has been ridiculous. Doesn't help that the weather is warming up and so is the crime. I hope I'm still on the team. I'm going to go out tomorrow morning and will let y'all know how things go. Good Luck To All and Safe Hunting!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

hey Rockby. Glad you made it. We need the help.

WTG!!!! Jepcho. Man, I love how much those butterballs in the Midwest weigh. Can't wait to see the pic's and the "rest" of the story.

You Midwest guys have the ball now that your seasons are open. I'm heading back to Ga. on Th. and will be there through the wk. end. I'm trying to get some footage for my website. It'll still be a while before I get it up and running but here's the link
www.secretweapongamecalls.com I hope to have it up and running by the middle of May.

Give em hell!!!!

Dan
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, so far I see nothing on the site. Just the godaddy webpage. If you ever need any help with your website, im pretty experienced in that department. I've been messing with websites since I was 11. Also, im doing some of my own filming this year so ill have some footage I could lend you and we could get together as a "HNI Team Film" See if anybody else has any too..

I got out saturday night and didn't see anything but a hen.. Pretty disappointed. Then sunday morning I heard probably 11 or 12 differant toms gobbling all around me. But I only saw one of them. He was walking away from me then I did some calling and chirping and he got all fanned out and gobbled some... then he started running to me. But once he got about 75 yards out where the bean fields hits the taller grass he just stopped and strutted around a little. Then he went back in to where his roost was... Not sure what happend there. Then sunday evening we went out. My dad went hunting with me but I had him bring his gun and he went and sat about 300 yards down the crick. About 7:45ish I just glimpsed over towards him and saw a tom running all the crick that seperated the two fields and he was running for my dad. Then he disappeared behind some trees and I heard a big boom... then about 30 seconds later my dad comes running through the field hollering for me telling me he got one. I've never see him so excited in my life. There was still a little daylight left for my to get one but im sure he scared most of the turkeys away with his shot and his yelling but i dont care. Im really happy to see him get one.
Heres his story...
He said he called some and heard nothing.. and it was around 7:45 and he was getting ready to go and just got done smokin a cigarette when he saw a turkey running straight towards him. He got his gun up then when the turkey got close enough he saw it didn't have a beard. The hen walked right past him, never took notice to him. He said he was kind of bummed because its his last night and that was the last bird he was probably going to see. Then the next thing he knows there is a tom running straight for him, same place that hen went. So he got his gun ready again and he said the tom never stopped... just kept running straight at him. He said he fired at him while he was still running and he said if he didn't shoot that turkey would have ran right into him.
It was a pretty decent bird. Great for a first bird! I figured it was a 2 or 2.5 year old because of the spurs. They were maybe half an inch. If that. But he had a 9 inch beard on him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.