Community

Team 5 Thundering Toms

Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't decide if I need to buy a new shotgun or not. In the past I've just used my upland bird over/under shotgun with a full choke. It's effective range is about 20 yards. I've been checking sale ads.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to be using my Benelli M2. She is still a rookie when it comes to turkey hunting. I just couldnt seal the deal last year with it. I am also going to be using some 3" handloads with 1 3/4oz of #6 lead. I cant wait for season to start. Our birds are really starting to break up around here.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

supposedly the birds are slowly splitting up on my end. i will be hunting with a rem 870 and possibly my bow if i get it done early (if i get to hunt... broke my finger bad today... season starts in 25 days and im in a splint for 4 weeks... and ontop of that i am having a hard time academicly this year [sorry for misspellings i only have one hand for awhile])
Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kpatte26
I will be using my Mossburg 835 Ultimag... 3" Winchester number 5's...
Also I have tried to change my avitar pic and it still comes up with the design from last years contest.
Look back to page 6 of this thread, mud has posted the directions on how to do it. If for some reason it still dont work then contact one of the adm. of the contest and they can change it for you.

Storm that stinks about your finger. I suppose its your trigger finger? Can you shoot with your other hand?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well, it's only money right? That's true as long as my wife doesn't find out anyway!

I went by Academy at lunch and bought a Mossberg 835 turkey shotgun.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...350-01883-2235

Picked up some Winchester 3 1/2" 1300fps #5 shells and will throw some at a paper circle this weekend. I think it should pattern out a little bit better than my over/under with a full choke. Although the only turkey I ever shot at with the over/under went down like a box of rocks at a whopping 14 yards.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

nice haha but no its not but its my left hand and holding a gun is going to be one hell of a challenge because i can only move my thumb pointer and ring fingers so im not sure how ill do that but i just got news today that they think it is broke in atleast 1 other place which just sucks....
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

kpatte26 you can try selecting this option then save then go back in and un select this option and re select use custom and select the new saved one for this year . hope it helps mud

Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

I will be using my 1979 mossburg 20 ga 28 in full choke nitro turk loads 3 in. If I can get the part for it in time. Have had a few wrong parts sent and ordered a new pin mech for it. If not I'm good to 25 yrds with my bow and my .410 ...3 in mags #5 shot
Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Spike

Don't let a broken pinkie stop you from turkey hunting. I've hunted with a guy with 1 arm & he has no problem.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

Storm, hang in there you can do it. you wont even think about your finger when u get ready to pull the trigger.

mud, what part are u looking for? Any part u want for a mossberg is easy to get.

Im going out to listen this morning, its not raining.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sure you'll be fine, Storm! Turkey hunters are just a tough lot. True story--- About 5 years ago, my family and I were in a serious accident when a heroin fiend struck our van head-on just 5 days before the opener. I wound up with a broken back and had to miss the opener. As I layed in bed that morning I couldn't take it anymore, so I called a buddy that evening and asked if he could take me hunting the next morning. I knew a spot where the birds were roosted on a finger ridge between 2 farms. It was a fairly easy walk except for climbing the ridge, so I figured I could do it. Just needed someone with me to help me in case I went down and couldn't get up. He agreed, so we went out the next morning. The walk hurt alot and I had to stop a couple times to get sick because it hurt so much but we pressed on. Got to the spot I wanted to be and sure enough, the birds gobbled nearby at first light. Half hour after fly down I had my bird. I didn't feel any pain on the walk back to the vehicle, either!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.