Community

Team 5 Thundering Toms

Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

that is very true we are some toughies as my uncle says. but yeah its not the finger im worried about its the grades...
Old 03-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Spike

You ever hunt out of a blind? Bring your books, study & hunt.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Well all im itching to get out only a 5 days left till our opener here .
I am waiting on my firingpin assembly to get here for my mossberg.
But i will use my .410 and bow till it gets here.
Ready to put the smack down on some birds.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Went out yesterday to one of my best spots and seen 17 longbeards in a 1/2 mile, all of wich I can hunt. Man I am so ready to put the smack down on some big Iowa birds. I still have three weeks till my season. But youth season starts in two and I have some kids lined up and ready to go.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

nice. well i would do that except the grades come out this week... i go on spring break on thursday and the season starts the 17th for me so that gives me one week to have good grades which is near impossible seeing as you start at a 0% but i guess if i can get a grade check i will look extra good with all a's in a week because they cant really give us that much to be graded on in a week right?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

bad news guys... as of right now it doesnt look like im going to be turkey hunting this year... i may be able to convince my dad to give me a chance to get my grades up and give him a report right before the season starts but i wouldnt count on it. once again guys im really sorry but i know you guys will make it through with or without me seeing as we have 11 people not counting me which i believe is more than any team. im really sorry but ill keep you updated with the situation
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

ok... this is confusing... i talked to my dad and he didnt ever mention hunting at all but im going to his house wed. so we will see...

wish me luck

Storm
Old 03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is this a 40 yard gun?

It is an 8 1/2" plate. I didn't have a backdrop so not sure how the rest of the pattern went. Shot the 25 yard first and that smoked, then did the 2 at 40 and those look a little iffy to me, probably pushing it a little.

I moved up to 35 yards for the last shot was the 35 yard one on the top right, I had the flinches by that time with the 3 1/2" magnums and just flat missed.

I was using a shooting stick and sitting on the ground to mimick real life situations, not using a bench or anything like that.

Ended up with 40 pellets in one of the 40 yard plates and 37 in the other. They both felt like good shots and am pretty sure those were aimed well.

Winchester Supreme #5 is what I was shooting.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited by npaden; 03-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did some reading and I think I need to get some larger targets to confirm the pattern and either stick to 30 yards or less or search for a new choke or load combo.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Fork Horn

I would check the whole pattern first but those 40yrd plates don't look good to me. What are u shooting , gun , choke? I would do alot more shooting with some different loads and chokes to see if it will improve. if not you might only have a 25 - 30 yrd gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.