Community

Team 3 Tom Tippers

Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Bowtech for the sticker i got ten more days left in my season but the 29th i have a UKC coonhound competition im going to enter my dog in but hopfully i can get out a few more times before the season runs out on me wish me luck

Ny,
Old 05-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Spike

Got my sticker also, thanks

Still have my 3rd and last tag I'm trying to fill, although the last couple times I have been out, it seems to me that they are shutting down quickly?

Will make it out a few more times, but does not look too promising? Hope I'm wrong but with our late start here it just seems the birds are pretty much done?

Good luck to all still pursuing a gobbler, and just curious where we stand JW? It seemed like our team killed a good number of birds? And now we are not even in the running?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Last One

Gents, I just posted my last bird on the score thread, just one bird in Oregon, should have had two others but I missed them both, thats right, two misses, one at 18 yards and another at 20!

How can a guy miss a turkey at that range? Well, come with me and see. It can be done, trust me!!

Not even going to talk about it on the boards, I'm sure several will offer me advice to the contrary as to how its not possible.............

So thats seven birds and out for me.

I'm going to be looking into deer leases and dusting off the bow tomorrow. Time to get ready for the fall I guess!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pics from Hoot

OK guys, finally got a chace to upload some pictures. Here we go.

Minnesota bird taken 4.21.10 at approx 6PM, 2 year old came in like nobodys business 15 minutes and it was all over in MN

Kansas 3 year old, flew down out of a tree into the field my buddy and I were set up in, had to fight off a jake and another gob but eventually came in to a hen decoy we had in the field taken 5.4.10

2nd Kansas bird, taken the next day 5.5.10 after missing another bird (the boss tom) in a field just below this one, two more birds kept gobbling in the woods above me, I got in tight and make a few soft calls and they came sneaking down the road, 20 yards away! BAM!

Back to Nebraska the next day where we got our butts kicked the first two days there. Caught this bird coming inot some soft calling with his buddies, he is actually a jake and was with 5 others but I saw this beard (nearly 8 inches) and it ended up having two others 4 and 4.5 inches! Full tail (almost) as well. Shot him at 10AM 5.6.10

Didn't get a picture of my 2nd Nebraska bird, shot him late and had to hustle 1.5 miles to the truck before getting hit by lightening and had to go pick up my buddy who was hiding in a culvert under the road! One hell of a storm brewing

Last bird of the season is from all the way out in Oregon. If you ever have a chance to get out there and chase birds, DO IT. Miles and miles and miles of BLM and Forest land - bring your walking and climbing shoes!!. Got this one after a 1.5 hour duel, he FINALLY popped his head up over a knoll 5.13.10. I went on to miss two other NICE toms out there the following two days. Oh the ups and downs of turkey hunting!!

Finally, I wanted to show you the gull strut decoy that my buddy in Oregon and I used to lure the Tom that I missed the following day. I didn't want to do it but he insisted that it works just fine for him, well he was right but I still missed.............maybe its because I was staring at this thing. Those cowboys in the west sure are resourceful...................why pay 100 bucks for a full Strut decoy? I'm going to post this one on the main website, I just can't resist the comments that I am sure will come.

So thats all for me men, I'm going through the serious bout of post spring season depression. The best cure is to get out the bow and trial cams and clippers and shovel and stands and start getting ready for the Fall.

GO TOM TIPPERS!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Nice Job Bob! Man I gotta hook up with you! Hope your family is doing well!

And I will be sending a e-mail to joshen520 as I almost forgot about this
seee link

he scored!

http://huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-h...ml#post3618547

score of 62 to which I will report using the link as he has pictures

Oh and Mr Captain - I wil contact those who have not shot a bird on per chance they did!

One bird - even a Jake not scored with no wt or measuremenst but they have a picture will put us back on top of best bird per hunter!

it is that close

JW

Last edited by JW; 05-24-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks..... I have been a little busy, my daughter is graduation from college this weekend and my son is getting married next weekend. So with that said I think my season is over and unfortunately I failed to harvest a bird and was NO help to the team this year.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Bow I wouldn't say that - you handled all the paperwork!

We in it all together bird or not.......

JW
Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Bow,

Thats why its huntin and not gettin as you know , agree with JW, all in together and keeping a good name for this sport! You done REAL WELL this year in that area and thats the most important area there is!

You can cover for me next year because I gotta 18mo son that was REAL HARD to leave this year to go hunting. Something tells me this gets harder and not easier till they are old enough to come with!

Now, how many more weeks till the archery opener in September? .....................

It won't be long!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

JW thanks for the tip it worked really well i came up upon a flock of ten birds started soft calling on the edge of this field around the corner from the birds and a last years jake came in and i smoked em my second bird ever and i made it happen was starting to lose faith but that bird made my day thanks again JW.
i will have the pic up soon hope it helps and puts us on top

4 1/4 inch beard
1/8th spurs
16 lbs.
Ny,
Old 05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey - Well I will be! I am glad I could help you as I hunt these things because it is fun and I also try to undersand "Why they do that!"

Ha!

I'll get ya on da ole board.....if ya have trouble posting the pic let me know - I will certainly help!

Oh and your score

Your score is 16 + 1.25 + 1.25 + 8.5 = 27
JW

Ps - You have put us back in 2nd Place for Best Bird per hunter - Congrats!

But I need to let Bowtech post results but do get that pic up!

Last edited by JW; 05-31-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.