Community

Team 3 Tom Tippers

Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

saeson starts saturday for me cant wait going out with the ol stick and string hoping it will come together for me this time like it did last year and congrats to everyone who bagged a bird keep up the good work.

NY,
Old 04-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by NYhunter325
saeson starts saturday for me cant wait going out with the ol stick and string hoping it will come together for me this time like it did last year and congrats to everyone who bagged a bird keep up the good work.

NY,
Good luck our season in PA starts Saturday also.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Not helping the team any

As most know our season in PA starts this Saturday. Well I got the itch and decided to take a couple days off work and try Ohio before our season. What a big mistake, working nights I really can't make it there without taking time off, and my two days were wasted.

Just too many hunters on Public land in Ohio. The first day I did manage to call a loud mouth hen in, and she didn't even have a Tom in toe. We were 20 mins. back and forth at each other and the real deal didn't even strike a gobble, unbelievable!

Day two, called in a Jake and let him walk, as I had a feeling with a bird in the distance gobbling pretty good. Set up on this bird and worked him for 45 mins. and had him approach fanning as I could tell with the full fan he was mature. But opted to wait for a better shot as I could not see the beard at 35 yards, due to the terrain. Mistake as a a$$hole hunter sneaks in and takes 2- 50-60 yard crack shots at him, BB"s scatter all around me, as I watch him fly off. This is the third time I been shot at like this in Ohio over the years, and it's getting old, I'm the only one to blame as I know Public in Ohio SUCKS! For some reason, hunters like to sneak there?

Pretty disgusted after that, and not sure I'll make it back to Ohio at all with our season approaching? Just can't see taking time off work to go to Ohio, and deal with idiots like that. Should have known better as it's always the same thing in Ohio on Public, worse than PA sometimes. So no help so far hopefully PA will be kinder? Should of had an Ohio bird, but thanks to the rude hunter, no one got him.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

You are a better man than me there Buck - I would have returned fire!

No excuse for that!

But hey good luck out there folks - be safe!

I am to take a gut out Thurs/Fri - get to hunt again next week and then 2 more tags for the week after that and then a tag after that.......so we will see.

I am to hunt Fort McCoy and that is by permit - limited number on a fine huge track of turkey heaven......

JW
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Finally here!

Season opened here in CT this AM but due to conflict with work I was unable to get out. Hopeful this can clear by tomorrow. I will be heading to PA for their opener on Sat. so hopefully I can add to our team total.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stickers & mailing addresses

Hey Guys, The stickers are done and I should have them soon, so if you have not send me a private message with your Full Name, mailing addres pleas do so or you will not get a 2010 contest sticker. If you don't want a sticker just let me know

Thanks

Bowtech
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

i agree with JW i would have returned fire on that guy and i think its the same situation on any state land people have no respect for space but thats a part of huntin and aint nothing you can do with the stupids but only to avoid them i have had people stalk me on state land thinkin i was a hot hen i once had a guy get twenty five yards away before he saw me now thats scary lol
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

but i have been scouting this past week and i have three nice gobblers in my sights for opening day hope it turns out well and i fill both of my tags and get em on the board...

NY,
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by NYhunter325
i agree with JW i would have returned fire on that guy and i think its the same situation on any state land people have no respect for space but thats a part of huntin and aint nothing you can do with the stupids but only to avoid them i have had people stalk me on state land thinkin i was a hot hen i once had a guy get twenty five yards away before he saw me now thats scary lol
I hear ya, but did return fire with a few choice words!

To be honest over the years in PA and Ohio on Public, I don't expect anything less. Like I have stated before 7 out of 10 birds I work on Public land get boogered up one way or another by hunters. Most are hunters who sneak, where PA law clearly states by calling only, but guys still sneak turning situations into bad ones.

Good luck with your bowhunt, love to bowhunt them also, but really hate using decoys on our Public land, just makes things worse. Another incident where I was shot at involved bowhunting with a hen decoy. Last week of the season so figured I'd give it a go. All morning in a field with no one around until a hen a gobbler made there way to me. Was actually tugging on my string, as I saw the hen and could hear the drumming. Then BOOM BOOM, same thing, someone snuck in and fired 2 shoots probably 80 yards away. I actually heard the BB' s whizz over the top of my blind before I heard the gun shots. Talk about depressing, seconds away from loosing an arrow on a Tom, that's why I don't even bother with the bow any more.

Regardless when bowhunting in a blind, keep in touch with your surroundings, as it only takes one idiot to ruin your day. Be safe and good luck.

Last edited by Buckhound; 04-28-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

i hear to many of those stories where guys give up like bowhunting cause of selfish idiots in the woods i gave up state land now i hunt block properties in new york its the best idea i have had lol i kno down there in PA its a lot of state land but with a long walk i kno some spots where there are no people to mess with you
and another thing my buddy used a jake mobile decoy and three jakes came in and hung up at bout 80 yards and saw the decoy and turned and ran away is that weird cause i kno the jakes get very curious during this time of the year and i didnt kno if any other of you guys came across this sitution?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.