Team 3 Tom Tippers

Old 03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Spike

Congrats Gobbling Buck, with putting Tom Tippers on the board!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

alright buck way to go.
sorry guys been kinda busy tryin to find a new house and other things going on has kept me busy but i do check on things from time to time once my season is in i will be checking in almost daily
and again congrats to Buck and goodluck to the rest of you knuckleheads
Old 03-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

by the way any word on a new avatar i need to change mine
Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the bird bowtech nice lookin eastern
Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

NYHunter325,,

I didn't shoot the bird Gobbling Buck did I just posted on our team thread cuz I'm the caaptain of team 3 and thought the other guys would enjoy it.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Atta boy Gobblingbuck - way to go!

Now I gotta git busy and start adding all these up contest wide - kinda behind a bit...

look for our team update - on the very first page - that way it will be easy for all to find as I will do this for each and every team.

The very first post on this team thread is our scoreboard - if yo see errors - contact me ot contact our Captain Bowrech

JW
Old 03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default A bad day gone good!

As I've mentioned before, our river is flooding. I went to or tried to go to a blind in our swamp and when I got to it, there was 6 to 8 inches of water in it. So I left, (this was about a mile from my truck), went back to a blind on a feed patch (JW! knows well). I got in the blind, soaking wet with sweat. At 6:55 a.m., one bird gobbled to my hard right, may be 3/4 mile from me, another 1/2 mile from me, and another, which I thought was probably 1/2 mile in front of me, past the blind I couldn't get to.

I said what the heck, I'm going to get as close as I can. As I went down an old logging road, he gobbled again. I realize he wasn't 100 yds. from me and set up my stool and homemade blind under an old deer stand. To this minute, I don't see how he couldn't see me, but he flew down about 7:10 a.m. going to my left towards the property line. I called very soft, he anserwed, I went quiet and could tell he was still headed towards the line. I called again, this time he was closer, I called, soft. and shutup. Next time he was close but still moving from my right to left. I called one more time and laid my call down, turned on my stool and faced him. I saw his head first thru a bunch of crabapple trees, and if he kept going in that direction, I didn't think I would have a shot, but he was definitely looking for me.

I picked out about a 12 inch opening thru the crabapple trees, and watched him over my scope, he struting and gobbling. When he steped into that 12 inch opening, he was history. Weighed 21 lbs, r-spur7/8in., l-spur 13/32's inch.. beard 9 3/4 inches. Not my best, but very proud of him. Three more taken off our land by other members this morning, a great opening day.
JW! has my pics if as usual, he'll be so kind.

dog1

Adding pictures for a dear friend! This is brings back memories of how we met Dog! Hey thanks is all I got to say.....

here is my friend dog1
NWTF Score 21 + 8.75 + 8.125 + 19.5 = 57.375

and the parcel of birds whacked off the land today! man I could have been there too! Maybe next yr if I get things back to normal!

Last edited by JW; 03-20-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: adding pictures for a dear friend!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:59 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Atta Boyz Tom Tippers! Seems we be Tippin' a few -

JW
Old 03-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

NICE JOB DOG1, I will post your score & bird for you.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Been outa town for a while!
10 days til bow season here and I have been scouting and patterning my birds.
I am hoping for a great year!

Good luck to you all!

BDB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.