Team 3 Tom Tippers

Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Spike

checkin in for team 3 I am in oregon and I will get my long beards april 15 is the opener and i am allowed two for the season
Old 03-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Bowtech9 checking in.

Retired law-enforcement officer, avid hunter & flyfisher. Live in Ct hunt CT & PA.

JW thanks for everything you do running this contest!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Welcome Blacktail and Bowtech!

We are 2/12s from a full load away for this team! Ha.

Hey Bow thanks for the nice compliment - but this team thing is the way to go as ya get to meet others.
Running this thing I have gotten to meet quite a few.

So we still need a team captain - Any Volunteers?

and I'll compile a list of name suggestions our team members have suggested. some wild ones there for sure.

Oh and do we have an artist amongst us? To make a Team Avatar?

I know I ask way too many questions but retired folks are like that......and I know we have 4 retired folks on this team!

JW
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Team Bus - ?????

Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

who"s your gobbler
wing bonners
gobbler addicts and a couple old timers
you know who we are
JW and the rest of us

just a couple of names to have fun with
looks like i have to cancel my alabama trip i am pretty bummed out about that i was really looking forward to going back this year but other things have come up
Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey Hoosey - thanks for the last team name suggestion but I ain't that good of a turkey hunter - was real lucky last yr .....AND....I take naps!

JW
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by hootnscoot
Buckhound,

Just noticed you are from SW PA. Just wondering where? I was born and raised in Belle Vernon, PA! Ever hear of there?

Now I live in WI and JW is partly responsible for creating my turkey hunting addiction. I try not to hold that against him though! I used to be a normal person before that but now from about the last day of deer season until May 31st each year I have turkeys on the brain. Work gets in the way sometimes but I do my best to keep my priorities straight. Its tough sometimes but someone has to keep those darn birds in check you know? Thanks JW!
Yes, I know where Belle Vernon is, although not that familiar with it? Belle Vernon is South of Pittsburgh, and I'm about equal distance North of Pittsburgh.

I know what you mean about turkeys on the brain. Same here, just get discouraged at times hunting them around here on Public land. Nowadays seems like everyone and their Brother hunts Spring turkey here. Looking foward to the last 2 weeks when most give up and the woods thin out a bit? We got a very late start again this year, with May 1st opening day. Although can go straight across the border in Ohio 10 min. away, and their season starts mid April. Hopefully I'll be in Ohio on April 15th, Good Luck.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default JW!s' naps!

JW! ain't lieing when he says he takes naps while turkey hunting. I witnessed this last year, when he worked a bird from daylight til noon, however, when he went silent around 11 a.m. for about 30 minutes. I listened to the whole show, I knew what had happened, but the bird was still trying to wake JW! from about 10 steps when JW! silenced him.

Remeber, Ole men need naps to get thru the day!

dog1
Old 03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Inactive

Hey guys !! For what it's worth from a "newbie" I kinda like the names Gobble Stoppers or Tom Tippers. Lets get going on a Team name.

Bowtech, I'm a retired LEO also. 33 years in the Mounted Police. Great to meet you.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by x-mountie
Hey guys !! For what it's worth from a "newbie" I kinda like the names Gobble Stoppers or Tom Tippers. Lets get going on a Team name.

Bowtech, I'm a retired LEO also. 33 years in the Mounted Police. Great to meet you.
I agree, we need a Team name, do we even have a Team captain yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.