Team 3 Tom Tippers

Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Welcome Buck - any questions about anything ask - we can help.......

JW
Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Spike

We still need a team captain, should be someone who has been on the boards awhile, so that counts me out.

Just a couple ideas for team name?

Full Fan Fury
Spit-Drum & Die
Gobbler Gone
Tom Tippers
Old 03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone....Gobbling Buck here. Looks like a great team. I hope everyone is pumped up as I am. This will be my 10th year hunting these super intellegent, frustrating, @!#$%%#%^& birds, with bionic eyes. I am a turkey nut for sure. I hope this year will offer some redemtion from last year even though I had a blast last season. I'll be burning up the Alabama woods this spring. I'll be off about 5 weeks of our season and have plans to be in the woods everyday.

I hope everyone enjoys the contest, but more importantly each opportunity to get out and hunt the greatest game bird on the planet. Good Luck and Good Hunting to everyone. -GB
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoot is in the house!

Howdy gentlemen,

Reporting for duty on Team #3. I'll be chasing them around the country this year again as usual. Hoping to add SC, OR and MN to my state list this year.

I see I get to be on the same team as the world famous JW! Howdy JW!!

Hoping we are going to put the whopping on these other teams this year.

Howdy to the newbies as well.

So, how about a name suggestion or two?

'Spring Crazies'
'Gunnin for gallopavo'
'beards, fans and spurs OH MY!'
'yelp for show, purr for doe'
'Sons of Gobblerarchy'
'Limbhangers Demise'
'Dont's shoot em in strut!'

Those are just a few, not necessarily good ones, but something to get the thoughts flowing.

Looking forward to a good time this Spring!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hey Buckhound

Buckhound,

Just noticed you are from SW PA. Just wondering where? I was born and raised in Belle Vernon, PA! Ever hear of there?

Now I live in WI and JW is partly responsible for creating my turkey hunting addiction. I try not to hold that against him though! I used to be a normal person before that but now from about the last day of deer season until May 31st each year I have turkeys on the brain. Work gets in the way sometimes but I do my best to keep my priorities straight. Its tough sometimes but someone has to keep those darn birds in check you know? Thanks JW!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey Blame JY! He taught me!

Hootz - it will be a blast to be on the same team as you...........

And Welcome gobblingbuck!

JW
Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default T3

dog1 here with a great looking team.

Our season starts Mar 20th,

Will be hunting Georgia as usual, been turkey hunting for years. Two of my most memorable years was the ones, JW! came down to hunt with me. He's a big ole ugly man, but a great turkey slayer and fun to be around.

Now if our river will cooperate, it has flooded the land I hunt about 9 or 10 times in the last 12 months. Right now it's back below flood level, but left the woods full of water and mud, gonna be interesting for sure.

Good luck to each and everyone of you!

Another note, what about "Gobble Stoppers".

dog1

Last edited by dog1; 03-04-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey the dog the turkey hunter is here!
maybe a pair of camo waders are in order for ya dog.....or of course that spot under those big pine trees was a nice nap place......just happened to see 3 toms - one of which took a northern ride home with me.

JW
Old 03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default birds

JW!, my son built a new elevated box stand where you killed your first bird last year. He said there was 3 gobblers in the feed patch this past deer season, all had long beards and one was much larger than the other two and very definitely a dominant bird.

I've already got my sights on him. You know I always name the birds I'm after, based on their traits or what they do or how dumb they make me look. So stand by, I start listening and watching tomorrow morning (6th), I'll probably have him named tomorrow.

dog1
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I bet the other 2 are two year olds now and where the Jakes I saw last yr.

Both where very nice birds

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.