Community

Team 2 Tominators

Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

WTG Arrow. Even though we aren't teammates here. Where did you get sent this year? I guess you did not kill our bubba bird from the zoo last year....
Old 04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I had a very good hunt in Missouri. I called in this turkey and he brought a friend with him. Could have been a double kill had my buddy been with me. I started out hearing 8 toms. Before fly down I got their attention with some soft tree yelps thep once light enough I did a fly down cackle. So the birds were on a dead run across the field to me. I yelped with the mouth call and they would stop and triple gobble at me. Then they would strt running again. Well they decied to circle my location. Once they circled they came out into a waterway to my left. They second bird began strutting and I thought ok your the dominate one so I cutt aggressive at them. The strutter raised his head and the rest is history. He weighed 22lbs with 1in spurs and a 10in beard.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Arrow!!!! Great bird - no doubt about it!!!

car - hang in there bud - you'll get one!!!

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Kim
Old 04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
Congrats Arrow!!!! Great bird - no doubt about it!!!

car - hang in there bud - you'll get one!!!

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Kim

Its Indiana time now and Im ready.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS on the Gobbler "AM" !!! Great bird and a great hunt!!! We're puttin' some numbers on the board now!!!

Good luck in Indy, Turkey Goddess!

I'm worried by the number, which seems to be the majority, of our "Team" that has remained silent throughout this contest ?!? Where are they ???

Best of luck to the rest of ya.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Arrow! TG you go get them girl. I have to wait until Monday and they,re calling for rain all next week.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again Arrowmaster, sounds like a great hunt, all though a short one. Although I don't mind quick short hunts from time to time myself.
That's three down for the team. That's a good start with a lot of season to go.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope TG has a big ol' Gobbler thrown over her back right now! Good luck girl, I'm curious to hear the gobbling report from Indy?

I know we have a bunch of rain and thunderstorms heading our way all weekend long, I'm bowhunting Fri thru Wed for my other IL tag.... sounds like it's gonna be a cold and wet one.... I hope you others are gonna get more favorable hunting conditions ?!?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys!!! I wish I had a big Ol' Gobbler thrown on my back right now IL - Dang!!! But I will tell you ONE THING - it makes me happy as hell to have u rootin' for me!!!

Well - we were in the woods set up at 5 a.m. This was my husband's first time turk hunting too - so I guess you could say it was the blind leading the blind this morning!!! LOL I'll tell you what, I'm not sure my heart has EVER raced that hard!!! We had 6-10 gobblers within 300 yards of us - gobbling up a storm still on the roost. Had a nice one about 100-150 yards from us. We could also hear several jakes to the East of us. We sat there drooling and anticipating - waiting for them to fly down and BOOM! We had a real early gun shot to the East of us. Then just as it started to get light, we could hear the turkey's moving West of us. We got up and snuck to the West - did some soft yelps - heard another hunter right behind us yelp back. DANG IT! He snuck in there on us.

Hubby and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why ALL of them went WEST. I know we had 10+ (toms/jakes) out there gobbling like crazy. Why would they ALL have gone the same direction??? Talked to Arrowmaster about it earlier - of course the obvious answer is that they followed the hens. We also noticed as we were leaving that there is an unplowed field there - maybe that's what attracted the hens... ??? What do you guys think???

I wish I was going out this evening - but Hubby had to work. We'll be out early tomorrow. A few lessons learned and even hungrier than we were this morning! LOL We're going to sit off that unplowed field and hope we cut them off on their way there.

Sorry for a long story and NO POINTS - but hoping maybe u guys will help have a suggestion or two!!!

TOMORROW IS MY DAY - I can feel it! hehehe

Kim
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see what would happen if you placed a Full Strutter decoy in that unplowed field ?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.