Team 2 Tominators

Old 04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man o man what an unbelievable morning!!!

I've got to share these pix of my sons, Nick (10) and Mathew (9), and the awesome trophy birds they took this morning on our Fulton county property. Both, by the way, were their FIRST turkeys ever!

Nicks bird came in just before 7 AM and strutted up to our DSD Decoys, offering him a 17 yard shot and as you can see, big brother made good on his first shot at a Gobbler. We jumped out of the blind and after the high-fives, hugs and congrats we snapped some photos of his trophy bird and couldn't have guessed what was about to happen next! The entire time we were snapping photos, we could hear other birds gobbling up along the ridge bordering the creek. Before leaving I told the boys that we should throw out some more calls and see if anything answered. After the first couple yelps from the Wood Haven Legend Slate, booming gobbles shot out just to the West of us. It was as fast as we could jump back in the blind and get the T/C Encore loaded that we could see three more birds on top of the ridge directly across from us, on the other side of the creek. A couple more soft yelps and some cluck 'n purr on the slate had them trotting our way and they actually glided over the creek, landing directly behind our blind. When they passed our blind at only 6 yards, Mathew dropped the hammer on the longest bearded bird in the bunch! The time was only 7:30! Without a doubt, the most action packed half hour I've ever spent in the woods!

Stats on the birds,

Nicks tom weighed an impressive 25 lbs, and sported not one but TWO beards that measured over 9" each. He also carried 1" spurs. Score - 84

Mathews tom weighed 20 lbs with a 10 3/8" beard and wicked 1 3/8" spurs. Score - 68

No doubt, these boys may spend a long time trying to top these two trophy birds!

Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I posted on the main forum - but I just can't get over how AWESOME those birds are!!! CONGRATS - BIG TIME!!!!

Wanna come guide for me??? LOL

Kim
Old 04-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Thats awesome IL. Congrats to you and the boys. I bet you was all smiles
Old 04-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!! GREAT DAY in the Turkey woods !!! Thats great !!!! Congrats!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I've been shooting mine daily! In fact, as addicted to bowhunting as I am... I'm actually shooting more than I ever have! I've got the Z7 tuned and tweaked and ready to rock!

That is a Great Looking Bow!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 PM
car
Typical Buck

congrats to you!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

It may take'em a few years to top those birds, but that's the beauty of it, they'll be IN THE WOODS for years to come trying to top them. I'd say ya got'em hooked, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER. Awesome. Congrats to the both of'em.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the kind words Team! I let my boys read your replies and you guys' have made their day!

I'm looking forward to spending a lifetime in the woods with my newest hunting partners! Besides, I'm really hoping that one day they will guide ME and carry all the gear! LOL!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see kids hunting. Congrats to your kids IL-Cornfed!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

IL-cornfed, your shirt buttons must need sewed back on. Congrats to the boys. You have some work ahead of you to match what your sons have done.
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.