Community

Team 2 Tominators

Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Ok guys - I updated the list above - so I think it's right!!! Please feel free to continue updating as plans change... because we all know that happens!!!

Looks like our 1st hunter in the field will Down&OutHunting on Monday (April 5th)... Then Howler a week from today!!!

I'm living vicariously through you guys for the next 3 weeks - until I can get out there and HUNT!!!!

I can't wait!!!!! Good luck on Monday Hunt - can't wait to see how you do!!!!!!

Kim
Old 04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys!!!

Wanted to share this with you - had some trouble getting my shotgun patterned - but I think I've finally found my deadly combo!!!

This was at 25 yds with #5 Remington Nitro Turkey Loads, using Remington Turkey Choke Tube - Shooting my Remington 870 Express 20ga

Had 40 hits in 3" circle...

Gonna try shooting some Federal loads through it - just to see how it does - my gun didn't like the Winchester Supreme shot using my Charles Daly choke - but it may do better with my Rem choke... Gonna play with it some more today!!!

I have a ton of turkey targets - that's mostly what I've been using, but my husband wanted to see where my overall shot pattern was, so we used big poster boards yesterday... (FYI)

Kim
Old 04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hi again!!! Ok - I HAD to show u guys this one!!! LOL Just finished shooting ...

Rem 870 Express - 20ga - Rem Superfull Turkey Choke - Rem Nitro #5

60 shots in kill zone at 20 yds --- can u say DEAD TURK??? HAHAHA

Old 04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dead Turkey..............There I said it!!!! Now ya just gotta find a volunteer for a field test..
Old 04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
Hi again!!! Ok - I HAD to show u guys this one!!! LOL Just finished shooting ...

Rem 870 Express - 20ga - Rem Superfull Turkey Choke - Rem Nitro #5

60 shots in kill zone at 20 yds --- can u say DEAD TURK??? HAHAHA

Hi Kiim

First, though, you must call them to 20 yards --->

Seriously, spend a few dollars and find some Hevi-13 #7 shot for that 20 gauge. Believe me when I say it is a completely different experience.

Tomorrow is the opening of the Tennessee statewide season for Peter and I. He was out of school today so I took him with me to listen. He heard 7, me 2. Thunderstorms predicted for early AM so I don't know how it is going to work out, but we're both excited to get this thing going.

Best of luck to you and your team and I hope you connect on your first bird this season.

MC
Old 04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shootin' TG !!! Knock 'em dead !!!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

At this point I find myself totally consumed with the addiction! LOL!

Today we went out to set up a couple of the blinds. As I pulled into the small pasture bordering the foodplot... there was a big mature Gobbler standing in front of one of the shooting houses! He must have a death wish ? LOL!

We even dragged out some of the decoys and wiped the dust off of 'em. They look sexy!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

everyone be safe
Old 04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
car
Typical Buck

Great pattern at 20 yards but, what about 40 yards or even 50 yards.

I've shot anywhere from 5 feet to 57 yards. On the 5 foot shot I almost missed that old bird. I aimed to the side of his head and only had 4 pellets hit him. that was way too close for me lol.
All kidding aside good shooting.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys!!!

My pattern at 40 yds is still ugly - gonna pick up some different shot today - thinking I'll try #7 Hevi (like mouthcaller suggested) and some Federal #6 (like arrowmaster suggested) and see if that works any better... I've done most of my patterning at 35 yds - not bad - but I want it to be better!

Of course this stupid rain has to stop before I'll get any shooting done... GRRR!!! Went out and roosted some birds last night - had a big boy struttin' for me!!! He was a beauty!!! Made my heart race like a Nascar! LOL

Went out this morning (at 5:30 am) to listen for gobbles, but was only out there for 20 minutes before the downpour started... UGH!!! I was bummin!!!

Can't get enough of seeing these guys!!! Once the rain stops (hopefully soon) I'm gonna go back out - they like to feed in the fields after a good rain and I'm gonna enjoy the show!!!! haha

Have a great day guys!!! Hopefully I'll have a pattern update for you later!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.