Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Community

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Still out there hunting. Just haven't seen a bigger bird yet. Not shooting another unless it looks like it will replace my last score. Later team
Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

This could possibly be our last weekend.. Weather is warm and on the few times dad has gone in the week he has heard nothing. We are giving it one last go and hopefuly make it count.

(geez how many times have I said hopefully this year)???
Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shotgun Success!

Bird #2 on the ground, He was the strutting Tom who accompanied 2 hens and 2 other Tom's.

He wont add many points, but he is better than my first by a fraction,....

18.75 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 18 = 54.25

I earned the cold one today!
Attached Thumbnails Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions-p1011570.jpgsm.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats zmax.
I hear you doall, I've only gotten out a few times but each was rainy and windy, not able to hear anything.
Yesterday was pretty cool tho, within two hours I had a hen at 20yrds, a coyote at 10yrds, and a small velvet buck at 15yrds, of course i didn't have the camera with me.

I still have a few more hunts ahead of me, hopefully they will be in better conditions than the last.
Good luck everyone.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Great zmax! El padre is on a buisness trip so ill tell him to update when he gets back. Yesterday was a good day for me not my dad thogh. We split up, and after 5 min. of daylight I hear one on what might be what we call smyth ground. I didn't go over there because I didnt want to get to far from dad then dad wouldnt know where I was and I dont have a cellphone, and other problems. Turns out I could have but what can you do. Long story short he eventuall shut up and wouldn't cross a 500yd field. I did call up a hen and saw a coyote, fox, and deer. So a pretty good dayhe however saw, heard nothing.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Well season is ending today. Had a fun season just not the hot year I was hoping for. Well for those of you still hunting good luck team. Later
Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately a dissapointing season again for me this year. So many people hunting turkeys now that have no idea what they are doing. I was fortunate to get access to over 1000 acres of land, the only problem is that on both tracks... there was one other hunter allowed to hunt (two sep land owners... two seperate dummy's... not like its anyone I know).

When you have people running all over the land every single day... you don't hear much gobbling. Between the 90 degree temps... the insane amount of pressure from golf cart hunters..... and the haneous amount of hens... I only saw 2 turkeys this spring... and they were both on the first hunt of the year when I blew an easy opportunity.

Things certainly aren't what they used to be.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is that it for your season Swamp, or can you still get out there?
This weekend will probably be my last chance, and they are calling for rain again! I have not had a single hunt where it wasn't raining. I the turkeys are out there but can't hear anything and I guess they can't hear my either. I've seen one hen the whole time I've been out. Not giving up though, not till season is over.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mouthcaller?
I hope your dad is OK doall.
I guess his new position at work is keeping him away because its not like him to be so absent during the contest.
Anyways, by my tally we have 7 birds for 5 hunters. It would be nice to get the newer ones checked in because I hate seeing our name at the bottom of the list.

I'm out there again this weekend, in the rain, again. But hey, thats hunting, and its not quite over yet...
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Dads ok he is preoccupied with work. Season is don here in TN. As far as chances and encounters go we had a great season. But we never really took the safety off. Dissapointing, but hubmling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.