Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gobbler #2 down! definatly going to replace this one with the last... I got in under this guys roost and was there for maybe 10 minutes last night when I started to hear crunch crunch crunch... they kept getting louder and the I saw a gobbler with what looked like its beard to be dragging on the ground, but that ended up being cause he was kindof hunched over while walking... anyways I had a hen decoy out and made a couple calls, but there was no use calling since he was headed right for me, so I just stayed quiet. pretty soon, there another big boy behind him! not quiet as big, but still well over a 9" bearded tom, so the first one came within 40 yards of me... I just had a full choke and steel #4's so I was hopeing that would be enough because he wouldn't come into the decoy, he seemed to be heading somewhere else before he got in his roost. Anyways, I wasn't gonna wait for him to come back so I shot and dropped him right there in his tracks!

17lbs 9 3/4" beard(my biggest!!!!!!) R spur 7/8" L 5/8"

Old 05-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

NWTF score 17.1875 + 8.75 + 6.25 + 19.5 = 51.6875
Old 05-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome hog.Tn Season is slow. Saturday we had a record 11 inches of rain in about 10 hours. Flooding was bad. Real bad.We were trying to get to a friends house because they were out of town and we cloudn't. We waded what used to be a street but became a river up to my knees with quite a current. Road after road was closed and got washed out. Sinkholes were reported. A sonic restaraunt had water all the way up to the speakers you order into. An automotive dealership had all of its cars 2 inches away from being completley submerged. Remember this is all rain. Its not like it was a river flooding or something it was all rain. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome zmax hunter. Mouthcaller will you pm him and let him know what team he is on. Thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tom, I know you've been busy so I took the liberty of PM'ing zmax.
All I heard was a hen Saturday, saw some deer. Its still early for me tho.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I'll tell pops about Zmax. The season is just goi ng to get tougher from here on out.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

zmax hunter checking in,...thats alot of pages to catch up on, lol....Congrats to all of you who have put the birds down this season. I have 1 tag left to fill and dozens of birds with which to choose. my season will end May 31st.
This is truly my first year to spring hunt for Turkey, I have learned so much between several different forums.

Here is a link to my first Bow kill.
http://huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-h...d-gobbler.html

His NWTF score is,....

18.5 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 17 = 53

I think it is time to break out the shotgun on my next Tom.

Do I enter this bird into the contest since I am an alternate and I already killed him? Or do I enter the next bird I kill? Thanks

Last edited by zmax hunter; 05-03-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome zmax, and congrats.
I'm pretty sure your bird counts as I saw that JW and Arrow put out a call for more alternates "regardless if you've already killed a bird or not", but it will be your biggest bird come end of your season that counts.
We'll leave it up to our captain to sort that out though, captains do the reporting so that birds don't get counted twice.
Welcome to the team.

Last edited by tschaef; 05-04-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thank you for the warm welcome,...Someone ? mod? want to change my status and give me the BOLD.. Thanks

I drove past a HUGE tom this evening on the way home, i sure hope some road hunter didnt come along. He was all strutted up not 20 yards off the road. He is about a 1/2 mile from some property i hunt,..and appeared to be possibly headed in my direction....thinking i should see if i can get permission from the owner of the location i saw him,..we'll see, best guess is an 11" beard, very thick, and i swear i could see spurs! He was standing in a pasture that the cows have mown off awefully short.

Good luck this weekend guys,..aim small!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out again this weekend, possibly as early as tomorrow night or friday night. We can hunt till 7 so its all about dodging managers and jobs. Definately out there saturday. Friends GF saw them crossing the road to their side today, onto a neighbouring farm but at least i know they are in the area/calling distance.
Cheers and good luck all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.