Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Community

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Spike

Just got back from Hawaii for Spring break. gonna be driving out to scout around the public hunting grounds this Sunday.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Why oh why must TN loose. Stupid Michigan state. ANyway finally went out this morning. We saw a wjole lot of nothing. Got in there real early, et up where we thought the turkeys would be and well they werent they were 400 yards across a lake that we do not own. So we made a few fuitile attempts at em, but no luck. So better luck next weekend.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Bio

Okay lets try this again. I tried to do this a couple of days ago and it failed? So, I'm from Massachusetts. I have been hunting deer for about twenty four years. This will be my fourth year hunting turkeys. I have yet to bag one myself, and being on team #1 the defending champs the pressure is really on this year. Last year was the closest that I had come to bagging one. I called in six birds and just before they got into range they didn't like something and left. I called them in again still they would get close then leave. After calling them back in a third time from yet another direction same thing. This was the last I saw of them. I couldn't figure out what they didn't like until I went to get my decoy. Then there it was all messed up and twisted on its post. I have had the birds right in my yard once this year in the morning, and two more times in the evening I have heard them up on the hill a roosting time. Nothing gets my blood going like hearing them gobble. I have a really good feeling about this year, Go Team #1
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Team

As Peter posted above the TN youth hunt was a bit of a bust for us. He couldn't hunt on Saturday due to an all day school committment. I scouted that morning and watched 4 strutters, for about an hour. They gobbled their fool heads off from the roost until about 8:30. They were roosted on a ridge between a lake and small field where we had our feeder after deer season.

Sunday morning came predictably with wind, cool, and rain. We set up in the dark in the field edge where I watched them strut the day before. When daybreak came no gobbling on that ridge. Heard several turkeys off the property, or maybe on the property edge near the lake. Attempts to find them didn't work and we came home around noon.

Big bummer

Statewide season opens Saturday. Hoping for better weather.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear about your luck with the youth hunt.

On another note, every time I try to use the contest avatar an error about an incorrect jpeg extension comes up. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

I saved it as a bitmap image to my hard drive then just loaded it in there on the control page
Old 03-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Please welcome your new Team member BigBuck95
Old 03-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

BigBuck95 checking in, just got placed here! Good luck guys! Can't wait to see the gobblers!
My season doesn't begin here in NY until April 28th, so I'll be watching you guys and scouting until then.

BigBuck95

Last edited by BigBuck95; 03-30-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to our team! my season doesn't start till the 15th so I'll be waiting and watching too for a while.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by outdoorillin46D
Sorry to hear about your luck with the youth hunt.

On another note, every time I try to use the contest avatar an error about an incorrect jpeg extension comes up. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
weird... haven't had that problem yet... did you right click on the image and click "save image as"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.