Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Community

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doall hunter
Hog, How do you make the avatars? However you do it you do a good job.
Thanks! lol I'm not that great at it.... but I do it with a photo shop program... it takes a little time, but its fun to do.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mouthcaller
Third one gets my vote.

Went out to listen this morning on a club that I just joined this year. 1000 acres of mixed hardwood, hills and bottomland. Heard only one turkey but he gobbled at least 20-25 times. I didn't cover much ground though as I drove my car and walked in from the road for 1000 yards or so. Going back in the morning in my truck to cover more ground.

MC

Tom it sounds like you might have one real dominant bird in that little patch o' the woods. Take you a jake and a hen decoy and he ought to be a slam dunk opening day. Challenge that dominant one... and the woods will come to life with all those other sub-dominant birds fighting for the best roost trees closest to the hens. Great scenario to be in.

Going fishing/listening tomorrow morning too. Fishing more than listening, depends on how motivated I can get the old man. He is dragging his feet. Never seen a man who loved to turkey hunt and fish so much be so dang difficult to get outside. Might have to take the dog instead.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

So hows the turkey hunting looking like for all you guys?

Things are a little slow here, but its also early in the year, I saw a nice tom yesterday strutting around right by our house, probably had an 8-9" beard... would have been a bird to get! Season does'nt open till April 15 though...
Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back in from the Toronto Sportsman's. It was OK but but its always kinda the same except for the odd new product. Didn't buy anything but out 15$ for parking, 17$ for admittance, plus the cost of lady friends birthday present; she took the turkey safety course there so now I have a hunting partner for turkey.
She also joined the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and got a gift package, I'm hoping she'll give me the reel that came with it.
April 26th for us.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't raise my old man yesterday before I left work so I didn't buy any bait for this morning, not knowing if we were going to the pond or the river (need minnows for crappie in the pond, but use artificals for shad in the river). So, while I work in a place that sells minnows... I brought none home. Local bait shop (my folks live quite a ways from where I work) didn't open until 9 this morning... so I didn't get to really listen in earnest. Saw a field (not mine) with about 30 birds in it this afternoon on the ride home. One gobbler, out on the fringes, was noticably taller and bigger than all the other birds.

Brought home about 20 big specks and one 14" bass that unfortunately took the crankbait too deep and got it in the gills. Bled out dang near before we got him in the boat. Hate to keep a bass that size... but better we eat him than the turtles.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

C'mon people! I know we are all waiting for seasons but lets keep our Team thread off the bottom of the page! Lets hear some chatter.
Hey Oneshotgilly, can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Well.... juvie hunt is this weekend (I can't beileive it) but I can only hunt Sunday because I have to go on a mnadatory confirmation retreat on saturday. Oh well I guess I am just giving a turkey one more day to live.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Was out cutting brush Saturday and heard 4 different birds gobble a little on the roost. Getting clost but have to wait till Apr 19th. Later
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tom,
I just saw that alternates are still being placed. You're the captain so I'll leave it to you, but VB40 has had plenty of opportunity to check in and has not.
A repeat would be easier if we were at full strength...
Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tschaef
Hey Tom,
I just saw that alternates are still being placed. You're the captain so I'll leave it to you, but VB40 has had plenty of opportunity to check in and has not.
A repeat would be easier if we were at full strength...

Trev - I'll send JW a note to see what they think. THanks

Tennessee youth hunt is the weekend. Can't hunt Saturday due to a mandatory school retreat. Sunday it is supposed to be scattered thunderstorms and rain. We'll see how it goes.

MC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.