Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Team

I've been gone for the last 4 days on a business trip to Atlanta

Anybody heard anything from our 2 new teammembers? If not, I am getting concerned about their whereabouts.

I would send a search party out but I don't know where to tell them to look.

MC
Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing at all Tom, and we have both PM'd them.
I think they are no-shows, the contest has started and looking at their posting history it seems both only visit the boards semi-annually.
I think we should try to get alternates to replace our alternates.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went and sat in the woods this morning for the first time. Season is still three weeks away, just some low impact listening and scouting.

I had archery leauge last night, so I didn't make it in until late. Woke up plenty early this AM, but couldn't get the fire going. Long story short, I was about 30 min later than I wanted to be. But thats why we do these dry runs ahead of time.

I heard a few birds gobbling a ways off across the swamp. Found that the birds are still largely roosting right where they were in the fall. Plenty of fresh sign, though I didn't see any turkeys (which this time of year is a good thing if you ask me... don't want to run them off the place). Swamp was full of wood ducks and mallards, don't know where they were during January, but it wasn't where they were at this morning.

Did some checking on some other places that I deer hunt. Someone cut the chain and or lock on one of my girlfriends ladder stands and made off with it. Common.

It was a right nice morning in the woods. I suspect I might have heard a little more gobbling if I would have been on time. Definately gave me the itch for the season to hurry along.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

Hi guys I'm glad to make the team. I'm from Mass and have been hunting Turkeys for about three years now. I have the bug. I had a bunch of birds in the back yard this Monday morning and the Toms are gobbling already, boy that really gets the blood flowing. I can't wait for the season to open. Go Team #1

Thanks for having me on the team

Oneshotgilly

Last edited by oneshotgilly; 03-18-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

lemme know if you like these...

Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the 3rd one best, but all three are good.
Normally I'm a fan of democracy and voting but since there are so few of us active on here now and the contest has already started I say we just let Captain Tom choose one so we can start using it right away.
Thanks for putting the work in Hog.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Third one gets my vote.

Went out to listen this morning on a club that I just joined this year. 1000 acres of mixed hardwood, hills and bottomland. Heard only one turkey but he gobbled at least 20-25 times. I didn't cover much ground though as I drove my car and walked in from the road for 1000 yards or so. Going back in the morning in my truck to cover more ground.

MC
Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by oneshotgilly
Hi guys I'm glad to make the team. I'm from Mass and have been hunting Turkeys for about three years now. I have the bug. I had a bunch of birds in the back yard this Monday morning and the Toms are gobbling already, boy that really gets the blood flowing. I can't wait for the season to open. Go Team #1

Thanks for having me on the team

Oneshotgilly

Oneshot

Great to have you on the team - honestly we were worried about you since Arrowmaster assigned you to us several days ago. We still haven't heard anything from our last addition, VB40, and one teammember from last year, WestonAU.

Please come back often to the team thread and post your scouting and hunting results. This thing is more fun if everyone participates regularly.

I would encourage you to read back through the threads and get to know everybody. I posted a the summary of our season last year a couple pages back you might find interesting.

Again, welcome to Team 1, the defending champions. We are glad to have you.

MC (Mouthcaller)
Old 03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

THird one it is
Old 03-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Hog, How do you make the avatars? However you do it you do a good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.