Community

Team 14 - Kings of Spring

Old 04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

congrats buddy!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys - I will be sending snapper stickers for y'all... Hunting Net 2011 Spring Turkey Contest stickers

snapper - can you PM me your mailing address???

Kim
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Banned

hey guys please pm me your address so i can send your sticker..
Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Checking in
Old 04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

ohio season opens tomorrow. got a few lined up. should have one dead for the team
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

well the weather here in ohio has been horrible but the birds are still out there and people are still getting them. almost conected on the opener but a bad set up hurt me. so last night a buddy called and told me about 2 long beards that he had been seeing. so this moring i went there and at about 620 a bird gobbled. so i set out after him. in route it started to rain a little and he stopped gobbling but it was ok i already had him coursed. i slipped down a little creek and got close to the feild corner. scanned it and didnt see him. so with a light rain i coming down i let slip some yelps. and was greeted with nothing. so another series came out and about 20 seconds later he gobbled. he was up on the hill behind the feild. so i let some more out and he hammerd it. it was intermitent raining but he didnt care and neither did i. he wouldnt gobble on his own but about everytime i called he hammered it. he twice 5 time gobbled on himself. with many double and triple gobbles. i knew he was game and
gonna play by my rules. he came through the bottom but i couldnt see him and got to the feild but i still couldnt see him because i couldnt see about 40 yds of the corner. i thought he was just gonna skirt the feild because of the fence but then he headed back to my left. i finnally seen him and i t looked like he was hung up on the fence so i called hard and aggressive and he double gobbled. did an ab face and walked back the way he was coming from and walked through the fence.. i hammerd hoim with some more calls as he was still about 100 yds. he gobbled at everything and at about 80 yds i stopped calling. i slipped my gun through the fence and waited as he dissapeared from sight due to him having to walk up the hill. i waited what seemed like an eternity but really about 2 minutes and i see him at about 40 yds. i had a bush between us so i eased down on the gun. and dang it man the scope was blurry due to the rain. so i had to ease up and wipe the back of it. looked again and it was better but the front needed wiped so with him at 25 yds i eased my hand up and wiped it. he stopped and was looking but it was to late. boom he crumpled and barely kicked. i hit a little low. right in the feathers at theneck but hey it worked...
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

nice job man only been out once so far and got a couple goobles but couldnt get em to come in., seen a big one on the trail out of range on my way out.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Banned

thanks...... killed bird number 2 this morning. pics, stats and story coming soon
Old 04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

went whr i have hunted several times got there at 5 am. had a game plan and was going further back in than i have befor. i had glassed a bird last week back in there. so i headed in. it was getting light befor i go to twhere i wanted so i stepped into the woods to wait and listen. was standing there about 5 minutes when i heard the first gooble. but it was probably a half mile further. then a hen started yelping and after about 3 or minutes she and 2 others flew down. they were roosted on a small creek bottom across the feild from me. i kept hearing that one bird that was way off. so the hens got about 150 yds from me and i decided to bump them off and head toward the gobbler. it worked and i headed his way. i crossed a valley in the field and got to the tree lined finger ridge that came off the main ridge to my right. the bird was still a long way and across more field. on the main ridge cause it wraps around and creates a huge bowl. so i headed right to get on top and follow it around. well i went about 150 yds and was just about to the top whan i thought to myself. this looks great for a turkey in here. i walked about 20 more steps and gooble. woah. he was right over the ridge maybe 75 yds. i hit the first good tree and let out a few yelps. he nailed it. i waited a minute. let out a few more and he nailed it again but had moved right a little. so i waited a min and yelped again. this time he was right there. i should be seeing him at any time. after about 3 minutes i called and he goobled but was headed left and down the hill. so i picked up did a small circle to get on his side of the ridge and set up. he was goobling on his own while i was moving. so i let out a few yelps and he hammerd it so i hit him right back and again he nailled it so i repeated and he was fired up. so i shut up. and waited a minute and called. he hit it right in front of me about 50 yds out and just in a dip in the land. so i waited. no show. so yelp yelp yelp gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarble. he had follwed that dip and was a little left. i looked that way and see his fan. ease my gun that way while he is behind trees and when he came out he was 39 yds. in full strut. then he pivots to his right and sticks his head up slightly. ok is he looking for the hen or has he seen something he isnt sure about. well idk cause i am not telepathic. and if he takes 2 steps he is behind trees and would likly get away so. boom. he crumpled like you dumped a sack of rocks. awesome hunt and to think if he hadnt goobled i would have either bumped him or just walked past him after that other bird.

weight 22lb 14 oz
beard 10 11/16 in
l.spur 1 in
r.spur 1 in
total 64.25

Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Snapper!!! Love the pics man!

Posting one for MN_Hunter1979

Hunter: MN_Hunter1979
Species: Rio Grande
Weight: 20.0 lbs
Spurs: 1"
Beard: 9.5"

P.S. I couldn't get the pic to rotate... SORRY!!! LOL Congrats Jon!!!

Last edited by Turkey Goddess; 05-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.