Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 13 - 12 Gauge Turkey Chokers >

Team 13 - 12 Gauge Turkey Chokers

Community

Team 13 - 12 Gauge Turkey Chokers

Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Tim03b I use Hooks mouth calls and in my opinion they are the best. They are hand made, not mass produced. I have the Executioner, give it a try you will love it.

zmschillin, welcome. When does your season start? Are you hunting public or private land?

I have about 3 weeks of the season left and plan on getting out a few more times, so I am still optimistic.

good luck to everyone else and be safe.

John
Old 04-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Bornagain where can you find those calls?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a lot to report here. I've had birds gobbling on every hunt but they are henned up big time right now. It rained like hell this morning and high winds. That has slowed my hunting down. I will be back at it on Thursday and I'll be hunting through the weekend. Hopefully I can get it done!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Swampbuster, I purchased mine online. hookscalls.com. The shipping is a little steep, but you can not beat the calls and the customer service is awesome.

Ncremington, keep at it brother.

I will not be able to get out for at least a week.

John
Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

My season starts April 27. I have about 240 acres that is owned by my family in two different areas of southern Indiana. My fiancé's family has around 700 acres. Thats where I got my bird last year. 21 lbs, 11" beard, 35, 33 mm spurs. I also have an opportunity for a bonus bird. I was drawn for a 3 day hunt on some government ground April 30-May 2.
It looks like its gonna be a good season.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have had pretty good luck with all Primos mouth calls especially the super dome call
Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

I went out again this morning to a new spot to listen. I think I heard a few gobbles in the distant, but not sure. Still waiting to hear that definate gobble. One of the key factors of turkey hunting is to hunt where there is turkeys. It doesnt seem to be around my house.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

I went out again this morning to listen for gobbles. I woke up went outside and it was fairly windy. Went to the first spot didnt hear anything, went to the second spot didnt hear anything. Just as i was turning to walk away in disgust i heard it. That sound that we all love to hear.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Swampbuster, I know what you mean.
You think you heard one but you are not sure. Then when you know you heard one, it is the greatest sound in the woods.

I am going out again tomorrow to some of my public land spots and see if I can get on a bird.
I am hoping that because it is the middle of the season and a weekday, I will not have that much competition.

John
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I will be heading to Kansas in the morning and maybee Oklahoma on the way back be gone for the rest of the week. It will be hard to sleep tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.