Community

Team 11 Roost Raiders

Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone going out this weekend?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Spike

Hey everyone,

this year is not going to happen for turkey hunting. I'm really sorry guys, but my hunting partner has been away with work and I have no way to get up to our hunting grounds without him.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

(A very disappointed) Kist
Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Upgrade

Hey Kist sorry to hear that you season didn't turn out that sucks.

On a happier note I just got back from Michigan and had another great hunt.I also got an upgrade.

Michigan Tom

May 24/11
0730 am

Weight 20 lbs 10 oz

Both spurs 1 1/8th inch

Left Spur

Right Spur

Beard 10 1/2 inch

Total Score 64.125
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Spike

Thanks Timbrhuntr

you have no idea how much I wanted to get out this year

Hopefully next year!

Kist
Old 05-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Well its down to the wire. I have been hunting hard for the past few days but every day the birds flydown and cross onto the next property and don't return until after the 7 pm end time. Well since tomorrow is the last day of the season I went and asked the owner of the property they go to if I could hunt for one day. He said yes until 8 am and bow only. So its on now.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Well this won't make Krist too happy but I filled my last tag this mourning.
This guy had been running with two other toms and several hens and jakes in a group. They usually move away from me and into a field I can't hunt. Figuring I had nothing to lose I asked the landowner one more time for permission. Since it was the last day he said in the mourning only and bow only. I can't pull my compound yet after shoulder surgery. He agreed the crossbow would be okay. Alright game on. I set up a blind at the area they usually head to. At 515 am first gobble. They flew down just before 6 but the boss hen didn't like something about my set up and went off in the other direction. I noticed that only 2 toms were in the group. They hung around the field just out of range. At about 730 I saw a bird enter the field at the opposite end and then 2 more. 1 tom and 2 jakes. They headed towards the main group and had to pass by me at about 30 yards. As the tom brought up the rear I put the 30 yd pin on him and he went about 10 feet into the bush where he expired. I watched the others in the field for another hour then when they left went to get him.

He has one 1 1/8th" and one 1” spur and a 9.5" beard. He weighed 20 lbs and 10 oz.
He wasn't the dominant bird but I won't complain.

Crossbow pic

Hooks

Going for a ride

He is not an upgrade but adds to the total bird count- 61.875

Well I guess that’s a wrap.

Been a good season and great being on the Roost Raiders.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Timbrhuntr!! Two nice birds.

Sorry to hear your season was a bust Kist.

Anyone else have any season left? On a separate note my Dad and I drew elk tags for the CO muzzle loader season!